Quizzes(s)

Littlesky

I am trying to develop a depression screening assessment similar to this one for my website:Depression ScreeningI am unsure as to what I need to learn to make this happen. Is it a script? I know basic HTML, formatting, creating tables - I use FrontPage. But I am an infant in learning this stuff. :) Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

ideally you should use a server-sdie language although it can be done with JavaScript but hte user's browser MUST have JS turned on.If you play to store the results of the quizzes you will need a database and you will need to know SQL to talk to the database.EDIT: always one step ahead of you scott :)

Edited by aspnetguy

I kept getting "page not found" when trying to access that link.To create an assessment you would use an html form to gather the information, you could then submit the form to a script that inserted this information into a database.Is that what you need? this could be done with the likes of php/asp :)EDIT: Darn that aspnetguy, i swear he can re-order these posts or something to beat me :)

Edited by scott100

your link doesnt work..

It worked just now for me? :) I do not want to keep a data base. I just want the indvidual to fill out the survey (e.g. questions asking about symptoms of depression) and then for them to see a score. When they see the score they can then reference it to what that score means. On a scale of sophistication/complexity [1] being a brand new person, self teaching on internet tutorials about the ins and outs of web design and [5] expert, where would you rate this task? If it is above a 3, any thoughts on a reasonable quote to have it done?

This is real easy if you aren't storing anything. Basically you have a list of radio buttons or checkboxes. Each question has a "1" or a "0" that gets added to the score depending on what they answer.So this question:1. Are you basically satisfied with your life?If they answer "Yes", the score is 0 (don't add anything to the "depression index") and if they answer "No", the score is 1. So first you assign each pair of answers a 1/0. Something like this:Yes(0) No(1) 1. Are you basically satisfied with your life?Yes(1) No(0) 2. Have you dropped many of your activities and interests?Yes(1) No(0) 3. Do you feel that your life is empty?Then in the page that calculates their total score, all you do is add up the score for each question.total_score = q1 + q2 + q3 + q4 + q5 ...This will give you a score from 0-15, or however many questions you have.

Justsomeguy summed up the process pretty well.I made something similar to this for my work using javascript

• Employee checks the boxes they agree with
  • The script tally's up all their answers
  • A result page is displayed dynamically with their score (which also tells them what it means).

I would say that it's a 2 or 3, all your doing is accessing values and adding to a master result, not that hard. :)