Meta and Tiltles query

Terrybull

Hi, I need help with Titles and the meta sections. I have made my website using Dreamweaver. The web has been running for quite a while with good success but I am now not popping up on google as 'high' as I was a year ago. I thought the first step is to ensure I have these items correct. I have used a template. My website is printplus.co.za. If help not here please direct me to a good site to read up. I have tried to find samples.

The main queries are such: Titles before or after meta tags. What meta tags ie Name Keywords Description. Help will be appreciated.

PS As I am new here, what di I fill in in Topic Tags above?

The Google ranking depends on a whole lot of factors. Perhaps other sites you're competing with have done a lot more to improve their rank.

It's very important to have good quality links to your website from other sites, make sure your HTML is valid and well structured. Google ignores the meta keywords list, but a good <title> and meta description will tell Google about your website.

A proper HTML structure makes good use of <h1> to <h6> elements and paragraphs.

Your site is not mobile friendly is will be ranked down because of this, you should have got a email from google if you use google webmaster tools (well you really should be). typical message

Google systems have tested 7 pages from your site and found that 100% of them have critical mobile usability errors. The errors on these 7 pages severely affect how mobile users are able to experience your website. These pages will not be seen as mobile-friendly by Google Search, and will therefore be displayed and ranked appropriately for smartphone users.

There was a specific date you were supposed to have this done before they would down rank your site.

Thanks you both. I am working on it. The down sizing or usage on smart phones is going to a be a big one but I must conform so will go to it.

HTML 4.01 and even 3.2 are also capable of being mobile-friendly. I dislike people using "HTML5" as a buzzword for all modern front-end techniques.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have dine quite a lot of research on getting my website "fluid" I an now at the point of hving to decide if I should use dreameaver fluid layou / section or mQuery or should I redo a seperate site for mQuery mobile. The latter means two site. Detection of the users site seems a choice. With two sites would I loose some of my ranking. I have been on the web with this printplus.co.za site for 15 years now. Any advice of which road to take will be welcome. I can the get down to it thoroughly. Thanks in advance