How to apply a child div class

newcoder1010

<div class="NumberOfPeople_R">  <label for="edit-submitted-eventinformation-number-of-people">Number of people </label>   <input required="required" class="NumberOfPeople_C form-text form-number required" type="text" id="edit-submitted-eventinformation-number-of-people" name="submitted[EventInformation][number_of_people]" size="4" min="10" max="250" step="1"> <div class="description">10 to 250</div></div>

Hello,

I have the above html and I am trying make the text '10 to 250' red color for one div class description only. I tried this and did not work.

.NumberOfPeople_R .description {color:red;}

Thanks.

Edited by newcoder1010

That looks correct. Are there any other CSS rules with higher precedence interfering with the style? You can see what styles are being applied to an element in the developer tools by pressing F12 in most browsers.

<div class="NumberOfPeople_R">  <label for="edit-submitted-eventinformation-number-of-people">Number of people </label>   <input required="required" class="NumberOfPeople_C form-text form-number required" type="text" id="edit-submitted-eventinformation-number-of-people" name="submitted[EventInformation][number_of_people]" size="4" min="10" max="250" step="1"> <div class="description"><p>10 to 250</p></div></div>

and here is the css

.description p {color:red;}

the reason why .description {color:red;} this give you succes because you wrapper div with class description whatever inside div will be red

I have a feeling because '.NumberOfPeople_R' is different colour to '.description' in post#1 that it has not been saved correctly as UTF encoded, as the css styling is correct and should work, unless it is being overriding somewhere, just thought i would mention this as it has happened before.