meta tags

jibo

i aint reli sure about meta tags but i kinda no a lil bit but what i wanna no is... when i use keywords are they case sensitive... if ive got

<meta name="keywords" content="jibos website,JiBos website">

would this make any difference and 2nd of all would i need a comma to seperate the keyywords or would i do something else???? thanksalso can i blend the 2 meta tags

<meta name="description" content="jibos site is ao fantastic and ur so jealous"> and<meta name="keywords" content="jibos website,JiBos website">

to make 1???? thanks againand finallyif i do this

<meta name="keywords" content="jibos website,jibos website, jibos website">

will it make any diffrence to the search???

You can't blend metas repeating the words used to make a dlifference not anymore and don't use a space and comma to separate that dosn't work.Finally the search engine reads your content and checks the popularity and such. To make a site look good in search engines it usually has to be good. The title is fairly important. So if you have a descriptive title that can work sorta like a <meta name="description" content="somthing" />. BTW not all metas are useless they just don't effect searches. Search engines like <h1> for some reason. If you have an for the top of your document the search engine can't read one of the important parts of your entire web page. Well thats my post sure hope someone hasn't posted before me this took a while.

You can't blend metas repeating the words used to make a dlifference not anymore and don't use a space and comma to separate that dosn't work.

Is that so? So something like:
<meta name="Keywords" content=" XML,tutorial,HTML,DHTML,CSS,XSL,XHTML,JavaScript,ASP,ADO,VBScript,DOM,W3C,authoring,programming,learning,beginner's guide,primer,lessons,school,howto,reference,free,examples,samples,source code,demos,tips,links,FAQ,tag list,forms,frames,color tables,Cascading Style Sheets,Active Server Pages,Dynamic HTML,Internet database development,Webbuilder,Sitebuilder,Webmaster,HTMLGuide,SiteExpert" />

would be correct, correct??I always thought that the keywords needed a space after the comma... well, learned something new today.

You can't blend metas repeating the words used to make a dlifference not anymore and don't use a space and comma to separate that dosn't work.Finally the search engine reads your content and checks the popularity and such. To make a site look good in search engines it usually has to be good. The title is fairly important. So if you have a descriptive title that can work sorta like a <meta name="description" content="somthing" />. BTW not all metas are useless they just don't effect searches. Search engines like <h1> for some reason. If you have an for the top of your document the search engine can't read one of the important parts of your entire web page. Well thats my post sure hope someone hasn't posted before me this took a while.

luks lyk ur the 1st lol, wel ill try that but my site reli aint too great isnt reli that popular i aint using lyk front page or sumat lyk that n then uploading the files im using a online web builder until i get good or at least can do it by myself, im getting there its jus kinda time consuming lol... u didnt need to know that, and im not reli sure y i pit it.... lol :S

Is that so? So something like:
<meta name="Keywords" content=" XML,tutorial,HTML,DHTML,CSS,XSL,XHTML,JavaScript,ASP,ADO,VBScript,DOM,W3C,authoring,programming,learning,beginner's guide,primer,lessons,school,howto,reference,free,examples,samples,source code,demos,tips,links,FAQ,tag list,forms,frames,color tables,Cascading Style Sheets,Active Server Pages,Dynamic HTML,Internet database development,Webbuilder,Sitebuilder,Webmaster,HTMLGuide,SiteExpert" />

would be correct, correct??I always thought that the keywords needed a space after the comma... well, learned something new today.

erm? aint that what i already got?????
<meta name="keywords" content="jibos website,same as this,all the same,just longer, isnt it????">

:S

erm? aint that what i already got?????
<meta name="keywords" content="jibos website,same as this,all the same,just longer, isnt it????">

:S

Nope, I was talking to the other member, sorry I didn't point it out to you.

luks lyk ur the 1st lol, wel ill try that but my site reli aint too great isnt reli that popular i aint using lyk front page or sumat lyk that n then uploading the files im using a online web builder until i get good or at least can do it by myself, im getting there its jus kinda time consuming lol... u didnt need to know that, and im not reli sure y i pit it.... lol :S

That's not English and I'm having a hard time understanding it, but Frontpage does not build search-engine-friendly pages. No Microsoft product builds search-engine-friendly pages. The two best things you can do to make your page show up higher are to use the keywords that you want people to search for in your page content, and to have people link to you with keywords in the link text. Search engines will knock you down if you have too many meta keywords, or if the meta keywords do not appear in your page content.But if that's the way you write on your pages, don't expect your site to show up in search engines anyway.

There is no cheating the web is fair (at least in search engines) It's the best site that shows up in the search engines and I agree with justsomeguy someone will not go to a site if they see words in the little intro to the content google gives that can be understood with great difficulty.