HELP ME IM A NOOB

KingRupertt

Hey I just started with the whole HTML deal. I started trying out the w3schools tutorial. I'm using OSX and textedit. I got up to where I'm supposed to save the file and then I'm stuck. I try to save it as "mypage.htm". Then a window pops up. "You cannot save this document with extension '.htm' at the end of the name. The required extension is '.rtf'.Then it says i can use both .htm and .rtf cancel or save as .rtfWHAT AM I TO DO?????any help at all would be awesome thanks

Just use notepad. Copy paste your code in notepad and save as .htm or save as .rtf with your current editor and change the name after its saved.

When I first started on this site I went to the HTML examples area and started learning different things with HTML there. I just found out about this forum recently and, just in case you only know about the forum, I recommend going to the other sections of this site and check out all the free wonderful tips that this site has. I'll admit, if they didn't make it so darn easy I would never have started playing with HTML. You might find an answer to this question or another question that you might have in the future. Trust me, you will love it!Hope that helped,Andy A. - HTMLover