left hand scrollbar???

jibo

im wanting a scroll bar on the left hand sie, dont ask why its just a novelty thing lol th code i got it

<body style="> <direction: rtl"> <div style="> <direction: ltr"> </div> </body>

i dont even know if this is write but it turns the whole page the opposite way, does anyone have any resolutions plz??? and is it even poss? :)

Yes is possible, your codes a little messed up :)

<html><head><style type="text/css">body{direction: rtl}</style></head><body><h1>This is header 1</h1></body></html>

Wait, you want the scrollbar on left, but text also?Just add the page contents in a container :)

<html><head><style type="text/css">body{direction: rtl}#container{direction: ltr}</style></head><body><div id="container">Scrollbar on left so am i</div></body></html>

Yes is possible, your codes a little messed upĀ  :)
<html><head><style type="text/css">body{direction: rtl}</style></head><body><h1>This is header 1</h1></body></html>

Thanks, so will this JUST move the scroll bar to the opposite side of the screen or flip everything on the page around?

Wait, you want the scrollbar on left, but text also?Just add the page contents in a container :)
<html><head><style type="text/css">body{direction: rtl}#container{direction: ltr}</style></head><body><div id="container">Scrollbar on left so am i</div></body></html>

naa i want page as normal with all normal style webpage stuff but the scroll bar on the other side :):)

That should do it for you then :)

ok that does wot i want it to do except 1 thing....... i have this i want on me page(obviously shortened and incomplete :) lol)....
<div style="text-align:center"> <span style="text-decoration:underline">Downloads</span><br><br><style type="text/css">table{border: 1px solid black;}td.blue{background-color: #99FFFF; color: #000000; font-size: 15px; font-family: times;}td.white {background-color: #FFFFFF; color: #000000; font-size: 15px; font-family:times;}td.green {background-color: #66FF66; color: #000000; font-size: 15px; font-family:times;}</style><table><tr><td class="green">track name</td><td class='green'>Right Click And 'Save Target As'</td></tr><tr><td class="white">name</td><td class="blue"><a href='link in ere'>download</a></td></tr><tr><td class='blue'>name</td><td class='white'><a href='link'>download</a></td></tr><tr><td class='white'>name</td><td class='blue'><a href='link'>download</a></td></tr></table></div>

but when i use the code u gave me the left column and right column switch place and luks a bit rubbish lol, do you no a fix for this or a code that wont affect it

Yeah, direction specifies the direction of the text for Arabic or Hebrew that reads right-to-left instead of left-to-right, I just didn't know it would change the interface as well. Table column order is one of the things it affects. You can try adding a direction style to the table itself.

Yeah, direction specifies the direction of the text for Arabic or Hebrew that reads right-to-left instead of left-to-right, I just didn't know it would change the interface as well.Ā  Table column order is one of the things it affects.Ā  You can try adding a direction style to the table itself.

how woould i do that???? i dunno how the he*l i got "advanced member" im about as advanced as a cave man lol

<table style="direction: ltr">

ok so for example if i had just the table on my site and wanted scroll bar on the left how would i combine the 3 codes???

and

<div style="text-align:center"><span style="text-decoration:underline">Downloads</span><br><br><style type="text/css">table{border: 1px solid black;}td.blue{background-color: #99FFFF; color: #000000; font-size: 15px; font-family: times;}td.white {background-color: #FFFFFF; color: #000000; font-size: 15px; font-family:times;}td.green {background-color: #66FF66; color: #000000; font-size: 15px; font-family:times;}</style><table><tr><td class="green">track name</td><td class='green'>Right Click And 'Save Target As'</td></tr><tr><td class="white">name</td><td class="blue"><a href='link in ere'>download</a></td></tr><tr><td class='blue'>name</td><td class='white'><a href='link'>download</a></td></tr><tr><td class='white'>name</td><td class='blue'><a href='link'>download</a></td></tr></table></div>

and finally

<table style="direction: ltr">

i tried myself but got way to confused plz help :)