Things about the skin

Jack McKalling

Before the update of our software, I heard of one of the mods someone was busy on creating a new skin for this board, how is that, is it working?Next, I wanted to notice a very small and tiny weird thing with the code boxes, probably never noticed before. It is a verly litle detail, and it is even not important. But here goes. If a code box is in view (not codebox but code box), and if you scroll with the mousewheel, the dotted border keeps changing between "dotted", "dashed" and "solid" partially. But if you scroll with the scrollbars manualy, it doesn't change. And I really don't mean the codebox that has its own scrollbars, but the default code box, and the scrollbars of the window. I noticed this even before the version update, but couldn't think of any reason why this is occuring. Any ideas?Are there any plans - in case that somebody quited working on the skin - for a custom skin, or will we stick to the default?

I see what you mean by solid, but not dashed.I think that what it is, is that the dots are so close together that when you scroll either the browser just mixes them accidently, or your eyes are too slow to notice the individual dots while moving (it blurs..) and just looks like a big line.

Not really, you can clearly see that it is the browser and not my eyes. Because it is not the entire border, no only a few parts of the border, pieces of both vertical sides.The dotted borderline is not too close, all dotted borders are this close. I've never yet seen anything like this, I don't have a clue what it actually means or what can be done about it (if can)

If you want to help on the skin, it's all in the announcement post:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...6&id=3#skinWhich we encourage people to read by the way, if you haven't already. It's posted in every forum for a reason.

drat, goes to show that not even all the moderators read all the annoucements :blink:
Haha, lol :)I read it, but the announcement seemed, or at least I thought to be outdated, since the software update :)Cool you're still working on a skin, I'm curious what the result will be :blink:Do any of you know why that border doesn't know if it has to be dotted or solid? :)

Haha, lol :)I read it, but the announcement seemed, or at least I thought to be outdated, since the software update :)
Nope, not outdated, don't see any reason why it should be. If you notice, I even updated it with another topic just after the hacking:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.ph...mp;id=3#hackingIf, at that time, I found any outdated info, I assure you I would promptly remove it.Oh, and aspnetguy: For shame!:)

Oh yeah, I forgot, you added something, right. I remember now, I do have read it :)But I didn't know if Chocolate was still working on the skin for the software update reason. And he was on vakation a little earlier.I like to help with a stylesheet, but I am not that experienced with full stylesheets, even my own I can't rewrite. If the stylesheet is of such great forum, it gets too complicated for me :) I want to help, but I don't know how. Besides, I don't have ideas for the skin itself :)

Change your mouse wheel scroll from 3 lines to a page or some other increment. If you are hoping that a stylesheet treatment or anything else will change its behavior, it won't. It is the combination of how many lines your mouse wheel is set to scroll that gives your PC a hrad time figuring out how render the page as it is being scrolled in fewer intervals. And that is different from grabbing the scroll bar as it is more floating where the mouse wheel always is fixed by the number of lines assigned to it.