Firefox: works. Opera: doesnt work.

Akula_dude

right, my issue is that my site (which uses tables for layout) doesnt render properly in Opera. It works in Netscape and Firefox, but not Opera or IE. I cant figure out whats up... thought someone here might've had the same problem at some stageSite's here and i know the links etc dont work yetPS. My site uses PHP as well, if thats any help

Your comments are screwed up:<!--START ACTUAL PAGE--!>Should be<!--START ACTUAL PAGE-->Comments are delimited with <!-- -->, not <!-- --!>Opera and IE are not detecting the end of the comment. If you checked the source in an editor like ConTEXT with syntax highlighting, you could catch that stuff.

Comments are delimited with <!-- -->, not <!-- --!>
wow, six months of (non-w3c strict) html and i didnt know that :) It didnt fix though. I've edited my code and uploaded it, the problem persists...*EDIT* Im learning CSS at the 'mo, and i had a thought about the positioning elements. Would that do the trick? instead of tables, i mean

Positioning might be an issue, but that's not why Opera is having problems. There is another shoutbox comment that is also not formed correctly (look at it in ConTEXT!), and there is also a missing quote here:<p align="center><font size="-1">You must be an admin to post news</font></p>There is no quote after center. That is certainly screwing a lot of things up, because it thinks the value of the align attribute is "center><font size=", and it only gets more screwed up from there. Check the validator, it will point out a lot of problems like these and probably save you a lot of time trying to guess what the problem is.

Fixed... STILL doesnt work. To save us both time, could you give me a link to ConTEXT, so i can see the errors myself?*edit* saw your sig, thanks for all your help

There are quite a few problems with validation, I would think that you should probably fix those first and then try to deal with layout issues:http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://ssnb.dajoob.com/There isn't a lot of CSS there, there's no CSS positioning. You have several elements with defined IDs, but they don't have any styling applied to them through their ID. So CSS probably isn't an issue. My first advice would be to fix the validation errors, and then go from there. Are you generating this source through PHP, or are you writing the HTML directly?

Most of it's html, i have a $page = $_GET['p'] and the main content of the page is include( "$page.php" ), but the rest is just pure HTML

Y'know, it took me half an hour to get that webpage up, including upload time. Im on my school break, I may as well re-write the thing using CSS positioning, and testing/validating it every step of the way. It'll be easier