PDF's

holmedwa04

You can put the PDF in an iframe but it is still opened with Acrobat Reader....PDF requires a third-party reader to open.No way around it.
Oh right, in that case do you know how to customise certain sides of a cell in a table, as I am trying to make some online Sudokus?

What do you mean customize? You can change the borders around, add a background image that sticks to one side, what are you trying to do?
Well a sudoku is a 9 x 9 grid, and within that grid there are 9 3 x 3 grids, and I am trying to create on on the PC in HTML.So I need to be able to have a thicker border on some edges.Can I use a code like this, or does this not exist?<table><tr><td left border="1" right border="2" top border="3" bottom border="4"Hi</td></tr></table>

Well a sudoku is a 9 x 9 grid, and within that grid there are 9 3 x 3 grids, and I am trying to create on on the PC in HTML.So I need to be able to have a thicker border on some edges.Can I use a code like this, or does this not exist?<table><tr><td left border="1" right border="2" top border="3" bottom border="4"Hi</td></tr></table>
Use css for borders :)try this outCSS:
.borders { height:100%; width:100%; border-top:3px; border-bottom:4px; border-left:1px; border-right:2px;}

HTML

<table><tr><td><div class="borders">Hi</div></td></tr></table>

EDIT: You might have to specify solid black after the size of the borderborder-left:3px solid black;you can use whatever color you want. And you might not have to specify if you want it to be solid black.

.borders { height:100%; width:100%; border-top:3px; border-bottom:4px; border-left:1px; border-right:2px;}Do you reckon that I could make 9 different classes of different styles, so that I could make the sudoku above?

you can make 50 different classes if you want....make as many as you need to get it to look right
Can you make me two classes of borders please, and then show me the HTML code, then I can just add all of the others myself.PLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEE!!! :)

here is a sample...see if you can figure it out from this

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"><html><head>	<title>Test</title>	<style>			#grid td{padding:5px;border:1px solid #000}		#grid td.rcell{border-bottom:0px}		#grid td.ncell{border-right:0px;border-bottom:0px}		#grid td.bcell{border-right:0px}		</style></head><body>	<table id="grid" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100">		<tr>			<td class="ncell"> </td>			<td class="ncell"> </td>			<td class="rcell"> </td>		</tr>		<tr>			<td class="ncell"> </td>			<td class="ncell"> </td>			<td class="rcell"> </td>		</tr>		<tr>			<td class="bcell"> </td>			<td class="bcell"> </td>			<td> </td>		</tr>	</table>

</body></html>

I dont really get it, I have created 9 different classes and made the table but nothing shows, this is the code:In the head...

<style>	#grid td{padding:5px border:1px}#grid td.1cell{border-right:1px;border-bottom:1px border-left:3px; border-top:3px}#grid td.2cell{border-right:1px;border-bottom:1px border-left:1px; border-top:3px}#grid td.3cell{border-right:3px;border-bottom:1px border-left:1px; border-top:3px}#grid td.4cell{border-right:1px;border-bottom:1px border-left:3px; border-top:1px}#grid td.5cell{border-right:1px;border-bottom:1px border-left:1px; border-top:1px}#grid td.6cell{border-right:3px;border-bottom:1px border-left:1px; border-top:1px}#grid td.7cell{border-right:1px;border-bottom:3px border-left:3px; border-top:1px}#grid td.8cell{border-right:1px;border-bottom:3px border-left:1px; border-top:1px}#grid td.9cell{border-right:3px;border-bottom:3px border-left:1px; border-top:1px}</style>

In the body...

<table id="grid" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100">  <tr>	<td class="1cell"> </td>	<td class="2cell"> </td>	<td class="3cell"> </td>  </tr>  <tr>	<td class="4cell"> </td>	<td class="5cell"> </td>	<td class="6cell"> </td>  </tr>  <tr>	<td class="7cell"> </td>	<td class="8cell"> </td>	<td class="9cell"> </td>  </tr></table>

But it doesn't work at all now.Please can somebody help me?

you do not give a border style or color in the first line and you need to seperate attributes with (:), change this#grid td{padding:5px border:1px}to#grid td{padding:5px; border:1px solid #000}

Yes my code only had 3. What I was asking why did you make 9? And why didn't you just use the code I gave you?
Because I needed 9 different types of cells, so I tried to make 9, if you look on the picture the first 3 x 3 grid requires 9 different types of cells.

here is the complete code of the soduku board only using 4 classes

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"><html><head>	<title>Test</title>	<style>			#grid{border:1px solid #000}		#grid td{padding:5px;border:1px solid #000}		#grid td.rcell{border-bottom:0px}		#grid td.ncell{border-right:0px;border-bottom:0px}		#grid td.bcell{border-right:0px}		#grid td.xcell{border:0px;padding:0px;}		</style></head><body>	<table id="grid" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100">		<tr>			<td class="xcell">							<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100">					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td> </td>					</tr>				</table>						</td>			<td class="xcell">							<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100">					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td> </td>					</tr>				</table>						</td>			<td class="xcell">							<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100">					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td> </td>					</tr>				</table>						</td>		</tr>		<tr>			<td class="xcell">							<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100">					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td> </td>					</tr>				</table>						</td>			<td class="xcell">							<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100">					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td> </td>					</tr>				</table>						</td>			<td class="xcell">							<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100">					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td> </td>					</tr>				</table>						</td>		</tr>		<tr>			<td class="xcell">							<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100">					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td> </td>					</tr>				</table>						</td>			<td class="xcell">							<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100">					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td> </td>					</tr>				</table>						</td>			<td class="xcell">							<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100">					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="ncell"> </td>						<td class="rcell"> </td>					</tr>					<tr>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td class="bcell"> </td>						<td> </td>					</tr>				</table>						</td>		</tr>	</table>	</body></html>

Oh, I think I get it, is it a table with 9 cells, 3 x 3, and then you have nested 9 tables that are 3 x 3?
Yup...give it time you will understand.I used to struggle with colspan and rowspan alot but I can do them in my sleep now...although I use CSS layouts alot more now so it isn't as important anymore. :)