create new html pages

dazz_club

Hi guys,is it possible to create new html pages using php.heres what i would like to do:im in the process of creating several pages that are basicly the same but all that differs is the content/text and images. so i think for this i need some sort of template, as the layout never changes.So what i would like to do is possibly have a editing page thats online somewhere, like in an admin part where all i do is create new text, upload the images and press a magic button and it creates a new html page with the new changes that ive ammended.im thinking a CMS but is it possible to publish/create new html pages, not just edit original pages.is this possible?cheers

ROFL justsomeguy :). Yea, the dude with the cool eye sunglass thing. :), I would look into file I/O if I were you, pretty helpful in a few situations. (Dont use it to create a counter! Stupid people go to your site and dont even wait for it to finish loading before they leave, therefore leaving you with a blank file -.- )

Hi guys, backiv read up and done my research, now im creating html files.how it works is that it overwrites the existing content of the newhtml page. Now if possible, i would like to the newhtml.page to have a certain look all the time and only want the text to change or image.so would like to set up the newpage.html to catch the data and place where i say, so kinda like having variables there that are replaced with what want i would like it to say saying. This is so i know where is going rather than just overwriting the whole page.did i make any sense?hope i did.cheers

You can use a regular expression to search for a specific thing in the page and replace it with something else. So you can search for a specific div element or something:<div id="replace">...</div>and replace that with what you want. If you want to replace specific elements, put an ID on them and use a regular expression to find and replace them.