Is there some way to make frames longer than the broswer?

reportingsjr

Well, im making a game (if you read my post in php) and I have two frames, but the content in them is longer than the page. I just found out that frames are only as long as the browser window :). Is there a way to make it so you can scroll down or something? Yes I know frames are evil, but they are helpful for many things in games, and very unhelpful in situations like this :). I spent like half an hour googling this to. Please tell me if there is no way to do this!!Thanks!!!

Using an inline frame, and applying scrollbars to it:

<iframe src ="...." height=".." width=".." scrolling="yes"></iframe>
Or by using a frameset:
<frameset ... ... ><frame src ="...." scrolling="yes" />...
(the red will be the place to define the dimensions of all frames, which you already know, but I don't know if you have them in a row or in a column)There is practically no difference between a frame without scrollbars that is longer than the page, or a frame that does is equal long to the window but with scrollbars. You always have to scroll! :) It would be fun if the page continues below your monitor, hea :)But applying the scrolling attribute is a better choice than making the frame longer than the page (I don't knoiw if that is even possible). If a frame is longer than the page, and you scroll to the bottom of the frame element, all other frames scroll to the top of the window too, and the main idea of frames was that all others stay on its place, lol :)

Using an inline frame, and applying scrollbars to it:Or by using a frameset:(the red will be the place to define the dimensions of all frames, which you already know, but I don't know if you have them in a row or in a column)There is practically no difference between a frame without scrollbars that is longer than the page, or a frame that does is equal long to the window but with scrollbars. You always have to scroll! :) It would be fun if the page continues below your monitor, hea :)But applying the scrolling attribute is a better choice than making the frame longer than the page (I don't knoiw if that is even possible). If a frame is longer than the page, and you scroll to the bottom of the frame element, all other frames scroll to the top of the window too, and the main idea of frames was that all others stay on its place, lol :blink:
:)

The code below will actually hide frame "three". You will only see the two top frames. I used this once to display a counter without 'users' seeing it!

:blink:

<FRAMESET ROWS="100%,*" COLS="*" BORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0" BORDERCOLOR="C0C0C0"><FRAMESET COLS="50%,50%" ROWS="*" BORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0" BORDERCOLOR="C0C0C0"> <FRAME SRC="FileName1.html" FRAME NAME="one" SCROLLING="AUTO" NORESIZE> <FRAME SRC="FileName2.html" FRAME NAME="two" SCROLLING="AUTO" NORESIZE> </FRAMESET><FRAME SRC="FileName3.html" FRAME NAME="three" SCROLLING="AUTO" NORESIZE></FRAMESET>