Poor FireFox

Chocolate570

Mozilla is probably so sick of so many web pages not working due to IE-only tags/methods being used that it's started incorporating these methods. I just noticed that in RahXephon's web page, where he/she (sorry! dunno what gender you are :))'s layout use a page transition. http://oneuse.awardspace.com/layout/I feel sorry for them! That transition works in FireFox 2 beta 2...for a second I was like "Wtf, did I load IE by mistake?"What do you guys think about firefox's ongoing attempt to match IE's commonly-used attributes and methods? :)Choco

:) I'm a dude. I was able to do that with the help of another member here in the w3schools forums (Teh link).Firefox is trying to be like IE?! Oh no! It's the end of the world! Heck even though Firefox doesn't have some neat options (transitions, scroll bar colors, custom cursers, etc) like IE, I would still prefer FF over IE anytime mainly because of the user controlled options a FF user has. Web page things can be "fixed" to work on FF anyways. So it's not too deep of a concern for me. :)

The fade-in thing works in Opera as well, so it must be the script. I would expect such a thing from Mozilla/Firefox, but not Opera. :)

Heh. Are you using Opera 9? I heard they had made some extra transition fixes... I didn't know what that meant at the time. :S
Opera 9.01. Still, from what I understand of RahXephon's link, it's just a script that fades a div from opaque white to transparent, and so gives the site a Powerpoint-ish load, and it's not powerpoint-filter like IE supports.You'll notice this example still doesn't work in Firefox or Opera.

Oh. Sorry for the false alarm guys. I didn't see the script. I just saw the tag that caused a fade in for IE and, since it faded in Firefox, thought it was implemented. :)

Oh I see, you thought it was a meta tag that was doing that on Firefox. Nope, I used a script for that.As for the transition working on the latest Opera Browser, I was kind of amazed myself. The old version of Opera I had didn't do that transition correctly, until I upgraded today after seeing Jonas' comment about it working on Opera... I was like "cool". :)

I'm guessing you had Opera 8.54 or lower then. Opera versions 9.0 and up (currently 9.01 :)) support CSS Opacity, the earlier versions don't.