IE help -.-

reportingsjr

Well, right now I dont have time to figure it out, but something is wrong with my new layout when viewed in IE. The site is http://rsbattlehelp.com/excibius, as you can see if you go to any of the pages, it is at like a set widt h and cuts everything else off. If you look at the source code you will be able to find the link to the stylesheet, again I have no clue what it is because im in school. Plus I just got some help and we started yesterday. What is wrong with it?!? Someone please help!! I need it bad :). If no one posts, ill try to figure it out when I get home.

I would use conditional comment and get a style sheet just for IE

<!--[if IE]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="style_IE.css" /><![endif]-->

Then just adjust the settings until it works.I'm not sure why you have <center> in there since your wrap div is margin:0 auto; that should set it up for you.

meh, try to make your css for your navi width a bit bigger:

#nav{width:536px; height:33px; margin:0 auto}

Nope, that didnt do anything :). Heres the full css if anyone wants to see it:

/* Copyright opserty.com.  */body{background-color:#000; margin:0; padding:0; color:#909090; font-family:Georgia,"Times New Roman",Times,serif; font-size:12px}#wrap{width:807px; margin:0 auto}#header, #content, #footer{margin:0; padding:0; width:807px}#header{background:#000 url(images/header.gif) no-repeat top left; height:105px; padding-top:131px; /*float:left; */}#nav{width:550px; height:33px; margin:0 auto}#nav a img{border:none}#nav img{float:left}#footer{background:#000 url(images/footer.gif) no-repeat top center; height:194px; margin-top:-110px}#footer a, #footer a:hover, #footer a:visited {color:#000000;font-size:1px;}#footer a #ct{width:333px; margin:120px 237px 0 237px; height:64px; float:left; border:none}* html #ct{margin:80px 237px 0 0}#content{background-image:url(images/cont_bg.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; min-height:261px; padding:0 70px; width:667px; margin-top:-10px}* html #content{margin-top:0}#content h1{font-size:12px; color:#FFF}

My issues are, is that in IE the footer and content overlap, so the bottom of "content" is always hidden beneath the footer, and the last image link always goes to the next line :). So what is wrong here? I cant see it *stupid IE*

Try the new CSS below. Just compare and save it with your original CSS. First don't forget to save a copy of your original CSS before you make any changes. It worked on my computer! Hope it solves your problem. If you want your navigation buttons in the center, just add <center> after <div id="nav"> and END it at </div> in "excibius/index.php".

/* Copyright opserty.com.  */body{background-color:#000; margin:0; padding:0; color:#909090; font-family:Georgia,"Times New Roman",Times,serif; font-size:12px}#wrap{width:807px; margin:0 auto}#header, #content, #footer{margin:0; padding:0; width:807px}#header{background:#000 url(images/header.gif) no-repeat top left; height:105px; padding-top:131px; /*float:left; */}#nav{width:750px; height:33px; margin:0 auto}#nav a img{border:none}#nav img{float:center}#footer{background:#000 url(images/footer.gif) no-repeat top center; height:194px; margin-top:-110px}#footer a, #footer a:hover, #footer a:visited {color:#000000;font-size:1px;}#footer a #ct{width:333px; margin:120px 237px 0 237px; height:64px; float:left; border:none}* html #ct{margin:80px 237px 0 0}#content{background-image:url(images/cont_bg.gif); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; min-height:261px; padding:0 70px; width:667px; margin-top:-10px}* html #content{margin-top:0}#content h1{font-size:12px; color:#FFF}

1. I changed width to 750 in "#nav{width:750px;". It was 550px in your original code.2. I also changed float: to center in "#nav img{float:center}" It was "left" in your original code.3. About footer overlapping the content, I wish I can help you but I don't have the solution. Only thing I can tell you is, it has something to do with "Javascript" on that page. Hope someone else can help you with it.dorothy

hmmm, thats wierd. Anyways, now im just trying to make it so people with IE get redirected to a "get firefox!" page. But the thing is, the meta just refreshes the page =\.BTW: for my birthday I got free hosting for it :). Its now at http://excibius.com .Im just a lucky kid!

hmmm, thats wierd. Anyways, now im just trying to make it so people with IE get redirected to a "get firefox!" page. But the thing is, the meta just refreshes the page =\.
In my opinion, you should fix it ASAP. Because you may loose some IE users/players.OK, try to redirecting it to "welcome.php" instead of "firefox.php". See what happens.
BTW: for my birthday I got free hosting for it :).
That's Great News & "Happy Birthday to you".Hope it's not too late.dorothy