Host

Ciberon

No, if you decide to make a server out of your computer all data and software need to be installed on your own pc. You just register a domain and make sure your IP adress connects to it by setting the right DNS settings.I would suggest you read some more about server software before you attempt to do this.Ruud Hermans

No,What I mean is that you need to redirect your IP to the domain name you have registered you can do this at dnsexit.But really you should first learn more about setting up your own webserver becouse there is a lot more involved with it then you might think.Ruud Hermans

I have a lot of knowledge about the servers, it's just that part of the coding part is missing so I can start to code mine.
I just recieved your PM, you can ask questions on the forum in that way others can learn from it as well.I read you can't manage to set up Apache, what OS is your computer using?Ruud Hermans

Think of this as a rithorical question but... how can one have "a lot of knowledge about the servers" and not being able to at least install Apache (or another server!) at the same time?

before making your own computer as a server, please be sure that u high configuration and also check that your system is well secure.

Think of this as a rithorical question but... how can one have "a lot of knowledge about the servers" and not being able to at least install Apache (or another server!) at the same time?
Guess that's his issue when he runs into some security problems. I just wrote a tutorial for you and others interested in instlling Apache, PHP and MySQL on thier computer it's located here.Btw. Boen_robot I love Bulgaria weater seems to be nice there all the time at least in Sofia and Dolchev (hope I spelled that one right).
before making your own computer as a server, please be sure that u high configuration and also check that your system is well secure.
Beside that I would also suggest you ask your ISP if port 25 is allowed to be used for SMTP otherwise it could couse trouble when you try to run certain scripts.Most ISP's close this port for use becouse of security related issues.Ruud Hermans

not really if u close port25 then u could not use email client from your own system, i donot think this port would be closed.The best way to be secure is closing down all the ports, and closing down all the ports will lead to no service.Just joking, a hacker can enter through anyway though your system is well secure with firewalls having logs for each access and well protected anti virus system which monitors virus and trojans.

Btw. Boen_robot I love Bulgaria weater seems to be nice there all the time at least in Sofia and Dolchev (hope I spelled that one right).
I think you might mean "Dobritch". "Dolchev" does sound like a real Bulgarian town though, but I'm not sure. If it exist, it's definetly not a big one... it might even be a village.
Beside that I would also suggest you ask your ISP if port 25 is allowed to be used for SMTP otherwise it could couse trouble when you try to run certain scripts.Most ISP's close this port for use becouse of security related issues.

Why would you want SMTP for Apache anyway? Sure you'll need it for an SMTP server, but that's not something most people would need.I would advise to check if ALL ports are blocked. Speicifically, check how your firewall reacts to the Shields UP! test. If you see some ports as "Stealth" or "Closed" even when your firewall is turned off, this means your ISP has blocked them. If they are opened when your firewall is turned on, this means your Firewall has made an exception for that port. If your server is accesable from the outside, yet a test like the above reports "Stealth" on all ports, you're lucky. Your server can't be more secured in terms of Worm attacks.

ISP does not close any ports that have a service from the user side for example port25 for SMTP access, and an attack can be made through any ports open, it is the duty of firewall to produce logs and then inform the admin about the access.

ISP does not close any ports that have a service from the user side for example port25 for SMTP access, and an attack can be made through any ports open, it is the duty of firewall to produce logs and then inform the admin about the access.
Tell that to my ISP couse they did and according to them others make the same permanent block.Ruud Hermans

I went threw the steps of manually setting up a server on windows, I learned a lot and enjoyed the challenge! However there is a very nice package out for people whom want to shave some time, this was shared over at gimptalk by a member,xampp is worth checking out but one will still need to know a few things to secure the server,Hope this is helpful'

I went threw the steps of manually setting up a server on windows, I learned a lot and enjoyed the challenge! However there is a very nice package out for people whom want to shave some time, this was shared over at gimptalk by a member,xampp is worth checking out but one will still need to know a few things to secure the server,Hope this is helpful'
I have never used xampp as a live enviroment before but have heard it is not as secure as doing it your self...I believe event he xampp site recommneds only using it for developement.My ISP does not block any of my ports but I know a lot block port 80, not sure about 25 tho.

A lot of major ISPs here in the US do block port 25, they do so for spam reasons. Some people get a spam mail server installed on their machine and start sending out loads of spam, so a lot of ISPs have shut off port 25 to stop that.