I hate IE

The Praetorian

Hmm... it looks like the image is causing that vertical scroll bar to appear in IE (Why only IE...? I don't know). You can always try to make your banner a background-image so matter what resolution a user may have it will always fit.

Doesoverflow-x: hidden;work in IE? Don't remember, but you can try putting that in body { }Or you can put a this in the body { }overflow: auto;but either way I think it requires a width/height. But then again you can use min-height and max-height for FF and Opera, and then in IE you can use conditional comments:<![if lte IE 6]><style type="text/css">body { width: ??px; height: ??px; }</style><![/end if]>Hopefully that'll work...

Okay, adding the conditional statement creates the weird effect of making a second vertical scroll bar within the browser window. Changing it so that the conditional statement effects the table width does nothing at all.This is part of the thing that's been annoying me. Shouldn't the image resize to fit the table width when I change it? It does in all the other browsers, but in IE the image seems to want to push the edges of the table out past the edge of the browser...EDIT:Okay. Once again, IE apparently ignores percents. When I use the conditional statement to make the width of the image a px number, it responds. Anyone know if the conditional statement will work in a .css file? Or if it only works in an html?

Works only in HTML. Of course, there are several other CSS hacks, but none that validate I think. Conditional comments are read by the validator and other browsers as, well, comments. More on that here:http://w3schools.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7567

What? How so? Try this variation then:<!--[if lte IE 6]><style type="text/css">body { width: ??px; height: ??px; }</style><![/end if]-->

Nope, but you can combine conditional comments with java script:<!--[if lte IE 6]><script type="text/javascript">// Your javascript screen resolution sniffer code here./* This script will only execute if the user agent is Internet Explorer version 6 or lower */</script><![endif]-->