Script redirect and pointer.

Ruud Hermans

<?php$IP=$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];$datum=date("l, F d, Y h:i" ,time());$fh=fopen("gegevens.txt","a");fwrite($fh,$datum,$IP);fclose($fh);?>

I wrote the bit of code you see above I would like some help on finishing it I need to foloowing 2 things done;1. reste the pointer to the top of the file gegevens.txt so each new hit is set on a new line.2. make it redirect to www.asite.com after writing the info to the file.Ruud Hermans

If i am understanding what you want, then

$IP = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];$datum=date("l, F d, Y h:i" );$fh = fopen("gegevens.txt","w");if(fwrite($fh,$dateum.$IP."\n")){fclose($fh);header("location : http://www.asite.com/");}

Yeah, just add the new line return which is \n for a line break. Jhechts' script is bugged also, right here: if(fwrite($fh,$dateum.$IP."\n")){There is no variable called $dateum, its $datum

Also, this line is wrong:$fh = fopen("gegevens.txt","w");It needs to be this:$fh = fopen("gegevens.txt","a");The 'a' mode is for appending, which places the new text at the bottom of the file. If you want the new text at the top of the file, then you will need to read the entire file into a string, prepend your text to the beginning of the string, and write the entire thing back. That will be more inefficient then appending though.