Whoa...

reportingsjr

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err.. make.. gravity? :) You never know..
true, but I am refering to things as they are now. Even when when they exercise in space it doesn't stop the deteriation of their muscles (from lack of use) it only slows the process.

###### yes!! Pulp, I've been meaning to ask you this: Did you base your name after the movie?"I call this Preperation H, "laser" "Beam"" - Dr. Evil:)http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap061212.htmlSounds like the water on Mars it true!

If we open up shop on the moon, expect it to be near the north pole close to one of these:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_of_Eternal_LightWith constant sunlight except during an eclipse, it would be the ideal place for solar collectors, and would also give a stable (if hot) temperature. And nearby are some regions that never see sunlight, so there is a higher chance of frozen water being there.In this image, I think that Peary Crater, and the peaks, are located just to the lower-right of the pole. Wikipedia lists Peary Crater at 88.6N, 33E.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f...0002_modest.jpg

It must be fun, we already have a space tours available..... to moon should be the next step.....
I dunno. What would be the point of going to the moon? :/Unless disney managed to get a theme park up there! Can you imagine mickey wearing a space suit and a jet pack, fixing a blown gasket in zero gravity? :)

What, are you kidding? Golf, swimming, football, baseball, racing.. imagine what you could do with 1/6 of the gravity here on earth. I would weigh a mere 28 pounds! You could do a high-dive into a pool from 200 feet. You could hit a golf ball 1800 yards.Other then recreation, mining operations and commercial tourism would provide ample private-sector funding to sustain an operation going on up there. If we had a water source, the technology to manufacture oxygen or CO2, and the technology to grow plants up there, then it could be self-sustaining. We could have solar power plants manufacturing batteries that we could ship back to the earth. Minerals and metals could be mined, processed, and shipped back. We could take a lot of the strain off this planet. Plus, it would be fun. I want a moon rover. I'll take my potato gun and shoot potatos half a mile. How cool would that be?Plus, imagine the views... It's a full earth tonight!

Ok, this topic has really become random now, but as for the moon, I say WOO! But building things up there would be very hard, where would we get all of the materials from, unless we relied on things from earth, it would be like sarting from the beginning all over again!

I dunno. What would be the point of going to the moon? :/Unless disney managed to get a theme park up there! Can you imagine mickey wearing a space suit and a jet pack, fixing a blown gasket in zero gravity? :)
Even I dont understand what fun that would be, but there are ppl who think of that as an adventure.... and even spend millions of dollars.....

Even I dont understand what fun that would be, but there are ppl who think of that as an adventure....
What, are you kidding? You don't think it would be interesting to travel to a place that humans have been able to see for all time, but have never been able to reach until the past 50 years or so? You can literally be the first person to be in a place. The first person to climb a particular mountain, or explore a particular crater. There are very few places (if any) on this planet where that can happen. You would be one of the first people to step foot on a planet other then your own. To date, only 12 people have stepped foot on the surface of the moon. There are over 6.5 billion people on this planet living right now. That means that about .0000000001% of people currently alive have stepped foot on a planet other then this one (I'm using the definition of planet loosely). So that's where the excitement lies.. being one of the first people of our species to stand on the ground, look up in the sky, and see our home planet.