Whoa...

reportingsjr

Oooh, ahh! Ive always wanted to do that.. really. Sounds freaking awesome.Anyone see that thing about mars? They found newer deposits of something in a place where they werent before. So water?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the moon was made of ribs, would you eat it? It's a simple question!
"Everybody knows the moon is made of cheese..."-Wallace-So that's really an unnecessary question to think about, as the moon can't just change from cheese to pig fat just like that.

Oh but it can. So anyone think absolute zero is reachable? Im going with yes..
Absolute zero as in Kelvin? I think it's theoretically possible, but it doesn't happen naturally, and I don't think we can make machines that can create temperatures that low artificially, because if activity on atomic level stops at zero kelvin, I think the cooling machine would stop way before that.

Absolute zero as in Kelvin? I think it's theoretically possible, but it doesn't happen naturally, and I don't think we can make machines that can create temperatures that low artificially, because if activity on atomic level stops at zero kelvin, I think the cooling machine would stop way before that.
Yeah, I agree: 3 or 4K maybe, but not 0.EDIT: Eeek, I guess MIT got a lot closer:
In September 2003, MIT announced a record cold temperature of 450 pK, or 4.5 × 10-10 K in a Bose-Einstein condensate of sodium atoms. This was performed by Wolfgang Ketterle and colleagues at MIT.
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_zero

Whoa, you guys gathered a lot of info on space.I wonder when we'll actually be able to travel throughout the galaxies, or if we'll ever be able to.There's certainly life out there, sometimes I wonder if I want to know out there.-Ignorance is Bliss- :)

Dunno, yeah it is alot. Would take alot of time to re-read all of this stuff X-D. I bet we will be able to travel through galaxies. I dont really like that quote you added. Not very good to say. But hey! Thats just me!!

Yeah, I guess so, but when you look at it a way, the human race is stupid. Why would we want to jump in to a new world to get us all killed. Is it worth that much just to prove that there's something out there?

There's no guarantee that going somewhere else would result in death. That's always a possibility, but there was also a possibility that Columbus or Coronado or Cortez or any other explorer would have died, but that didn't stop them.

Psshh! Comeon, gotta think positive. Each fire will only take a pistol-bullet sized amount of whatever it uses X-D. I think if it can shoot down missiles it can do alot more..