Help please

zachary

Hello, I am in desprate need of people registering + posting on my forum.I spent quite a bit of money and no one is posting or registering :)My forumsStats:Invision Power Board 2.1.7Php Version: 5.1.6MySQL version: 4.1.21-standardPLEASE JOIN IM DIEING FOR MEMBERS :)

(link removed)First, the last thing you should ever do is solicite members from one forum to join yours.Second, this is not "Field of Dreams" the "build it and they will come" philosphy is a dream. Any website launch requires some sort of marketing. Search engine optimization, conventional marketing, or grass roots marketing. Blatant requests to "sign up" serve no purpose and have no relevence.Do you know how many members here play that game?Have you done any research as to where you might find people interested in a forum on the topic?Since its an internet multiperson game, drop your name while playing or use your domain name as your character name. Do something, anything other than just signing in to any forum you know and asking for their members to join.Your forums are just a month old - give it a chance. Websites take up to 3 months to get a respectable position in search engine results.I've got two words of advice:Marketing and PatientsP.S. Aside from that, one of our rules here is no advertising.

Yeah, seriously, if you're expecting to do any sort of respectable medical business you need patients. Also, you can't have enough patience.
lol - I hate when I do that!!!! :)

Advertising a forum is hard. I used to run one based on phpBB for about 1,5 years the problem was that in the first period a lot of people registered (about 500) and started posting. After a while the ammount of new posts went down like every one did their say.Running a forum means you need to come up with new ideas these day's sinds most people allready got their place to go so a regular forum has no chance of surviving.My solution: I edited the back-up files by deleting the MD5 hashed passwords so people couldn't extract the passwords no more using rainbowtables and offered it for download to who where interested in the data (postings) sinds a few people kept trying to keep the forum alive.After that Bzzzzzzzzzz *plug pulling.Ruud Hermans