20" of greatness!

vchris

Yes I'm talking about my new LCD! I just bought a 20" LCD wide screen from Dell. I set it up last night and all I can say is AMAZING! I'm used to having only a 17" CRT flat panel at home. I have so much real estate, I don't know what to do with it :) They say to set the resolution to 1680 x 1050 for best results. You should see how small 800 px wide sites are. Anyway I've noticed some small pixels in the screen, like when I look a high res picture but I don't really see them when gaming. I don't know if it's the screen or my video card. Still amazing when playing Call of Duty 2.Thumbs up to Dell! :)

I didn't mean gaming at 1680x1050 I mean outside of games. I play my games at 1024x768 since my video card is not that good anymore.

I think it's expensive for what it is. You can get an ACER 19" wide screen for 220$ Canadian here. I'm happy with it and I got 4 input types, 4 usb ports, contrast 800:1, can turn 90 degrees. It's great :)

I have a 19" supersharp flatscreen LCD by Dell. It only goes up to 1280x1024. :)I wish I had bought a better video card though :) I guess I had to choose either a good video card or dual tv tuners. Ya, I made a good choice. :)

20 inch screen!!!! gaming should a delight with that big a display.....
Freaking right! You see wider and bigger, now I have the advantage!

Freaking right! You see wider and bigger, now I have the advantage!
set your (field of view)fov to something like 140 degrees - I think the default is 110. It make it a little fish eyed, but with that screen you'll see more off to the side than most out of box (oob) players - then you'll have even more of an advantage. :)

I know that when I got my LCD and jacked Counter Strike up to 1600x1200, I could aim much more precisely. When a player's head goes from 25 square pixels to 100 square pixels (even though it's the same size on the screen), that makes it much easier to snap over there and get a sweet headshot with my deagle.

I know I asked this before but what games do you play vchris?
Almost only Call of Duty 2 these days. The others are on the xbox. I was at a LAN party a couple weeks ago, we were about 8 people and I owned!!! :)My video card couldn't take any huge resolution in any game except maybe pac-man! Highest setting I tried is 1024x768 on some older games but on new games I gotta put it down to 800x600 :)

CDO2 awesome.I hang out here most of the time:69.65.15.30:28960aimsnipers.comI also go here sometimes69.5.88.133:28960cod.menofgod.usMy screen name is Widow MakerWhat servers do you play on and what is your screen name? I would enjoy killing you sometime :)

I'm a loyal EnemyTerritory gamer since it replaced Return to Castle Wolfenstein. ET is free - and I like that.If you wanna download and play, let me know I've got a handout as well.: :) Screen name = AlsoKnownAs, but you can call me aka for short. :)

I'm a loyal EnemyTerritory gamer since it replaced Return to Castle Wolfenstein. ET is free - and I like that.If you wanna download and play, let me know I've got a handout as well.: :) Screen name = AlsoKnownAs, but you can call me aka for short. :)
I've played ET before and it is pretty good, I just couldn't get used to the different movement (aiming, etc)