A Study Of Ad Program

Nestrer

Hi, I am new here, and this is my first post.I am new to JavaScript, but I really need to get a idea about their implement now.. I have post that on other forums but no one tell me anything...How do these javascript ad code work on client-side(no matter about server-side)? I know:1. Inline: use <iframe>?2. Layer: use <div>?3. Pop-Up: ?4. Pop-Under: ?5. Interstitial: what is it?6. In-Text: no idea?7. Link: use php fopen?I will be very grateful if you can make me some ideas.Thanks

Inline.. could be an iframe or just directly written on the page with JS/html.Layer... like the old Geocities ones, or like the above, but layered on the page with a DIVPopup... pops up a new window / tab on the browser with the contentPopunder... loads a new window / tab in the browser but does NOT navigate directly to it. Users see the advert usually after leaving your siteInterstitial.. Loads an ad between the first page and the page the user clicks. DeviantArt does it a lot, as do flash games and download sites.In-text ads... when words on a page are underlined, and hovering over them provides advertising contentLink ads... just the usual click here to see my site

You'd have a paragraph of plain text like:

This is my paragraph of plain text with information and help and support on IT problems for America. You can visit us at my website.
Then you'd use a javascript code to cycle through each word in the text, check if it was one of your ad "keywords", if so, underline it and add a code sayonmouseover="show_advert(this)";with your function creating a floating div that hovers near your word with the advert inside.Obviously that's a fully javascript solution, mostly the first bit of the ads code will be done by the server, with just the show_advert function done client side.

You'd have a paragraph of plain text like:Then you'd use a javascript code to cycle through each word in the text, check if it was one of your ad "keywords", if so, underline it and add a code sayonmouseover="show_advert(this)";with your function creating a floating div that hovers near your word with the advert inside.Obviously that's a fully javascript solution, mostly the first bit of the ads code will be done by the server, with just the show_advert function done client side.
Thanks a lot!But how to add underline to it?

Ads make by ad engine on server...

Javascript ads add an underline to normal text by altering the style of the text, probably by putting a <span> around the keyword.
As phpnuke.org(very slow, please wait..), there are a few in-text ads on the homepage, but when you see the source, there is no change around keyword.. It's a full JavaScript problem, without any server-side script...