new with CSS :) question..

Petrucho

body{direction: rtl;background-color: white;background-image: url('../images/background.jpg');background-attachment: fixed;background-position: top center;background-repeat: repeat-x;margin: 0px;padding: 0px;}div#bar{margin: auto;background-color: #DCDCDC;background-image: url('../images/bar.jpg');width: 700px;height: 80px;border-left: 1px solid black;border-right: 1px solid black;}div#main{margin: auto;padding:0px;background-color: #a1a1a1;width: 700px;height:400px;border-left: 1px solid black;border-right: 1px solid black;text-align: right;}#menu_list{list-style-type: none;margin: 0px;}#menu_list li{display: inline;}#menu_list a{color: black;font: 8pt arial;text-decoration: none;  }#menu_list a:hover{color:black;font: 8pt arial;text-decoration: none;background-color: silver;}

html:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html><head>	<title>		לשני המיניים לגירוי	</title>	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/css.css" /></head><body><div id="bar"></div><div id="main">	<ul id="menu_list">		<li>			<a href="b.htm">				[פתגם 1]			</a>		</li>		<li>			<a href="b.htm">				[פתגם 2]			</a>		</li>		<li>			<a href="b.htm">				[פתגם 3]			</a>				</li>	</ul></div></body></html>

I don't know why, but the "ul" not shown in the right place in the div. it's get some distance that i dont want!the problem is on FF and not with IE that works good.i would like to get some help :)thank you, Yoav. :)p.ssorry that the subject is not clear enough.. but i can't edit it

You could try setting margin and padding to zero on the div="main" (or the UL inside that div). IE uses margins and FF uses padding on lists (or the other way, don't remember), so resetting them to zero and then manipulate them again on the child element will probably do what you want.