Another site for everyone to look at

roondog

The only thing I can say is that I was VERY disappointed that the images of the girls were coming soon. It's THE thing this site could've been worth revisiting.I have to say I didn't quite understand what are those "Spursettes" (some form of girls' college group or something?) but if they are not the main focus of the site (if the focus instead is their calendar), than this is OK I guess.[edit]OK, took a second look at "The girls" page. So the girls' names are actually links to which there is data about them AND pictures :) . You should really emphasize those somehow!!! I don't know how... arrange them in a list or something I guess, but don't let people leave without putting pictures right into their faces!BTW, Jade Elena Cox and Cassie Robson I like :) . [/edit][edit]Are you building the navigation statically? After all, PHP is normally used for this stuff, right? I'm asking, because on the "Our Friends" page, the "About Us" link becomes "Our Cause". It's "About Us" everywhere else though. Why the inconsistency? [/edit]

There seems to be a little bit of 'jiggle' as you go from page to page.The latest News page, the About Us and the Contact Us page seem to work out okay if you move from one of them to another of these pages, however, moving to The girls or Our Friends page will cause a sideways shift of the centre of the page. Curious.And I'll be waiting for the Images, too... :)

Thanks for the comments.The rest of the photos should be up soon just waiting for the photographers to pass them over.Spursettes is a group of female fans for the English soccer team Tottenham Hotspur whos nickname is spurs. I will suggest having that put on the front page.I'm not getting the 'jiggle' thing seems to be ok when I look but I'll check again.

There seems to be a little bit of 'jiggle' as you go from page to page.The latest News page, the About Us and the Contact Us page seem to work out okay if you move from one of them to another of these pages, however, moving to The girls or Our Friends page will cause a sideways shift of the centre of the page. Curious.And I'll be waiting for the Images, too... :)
Would that "jiggle" be because of the scrollbar that gets added in due to the length of the pages?

Would that "jiggle" be because of the scrollbar that gets added in due to the length of the pages?
clbembry, yes.. That is indeed the reason for the "jiggle"..

• 2 weeks later...

nice site and nice idea, shame spurs are crap really :) gwan plymouth argyle.the way the different shades of pink work together looks nice n feminin, the picture previews are all the same size which looks nice, for some reason the contact us box is blue, kinda throws me off a bit. :mellow:on the contact us page you have <li style="margin:5px;"> on almost all of the li's - it would be better to put these in a class in the CSS. infact most of your styles semes to be inline now that i look at it. which is especially bad for the nav.you also have links that look like their trying to reach the folder above, using things like "href="./contact.php" - i could be wrong but i think it's two .s so "href="../contact.php" however if it's in your root folder it's probably easier to just use a forward slash indicating the root folder: "href="/contact.php"looking nice and girly though.P.S. - the girls are nice :wub::)

• 1 month later...

Looks very pink. :) The pink draws attention to the site and I like the "soon" tag on one of your buttons. Very neatly done.

Archived