what is this

virtualadz

Looks like your under attack, that's why you bought Norton, to help protect you, just make sure you download your updates regularly :)

Is there actually a problem here?

Norton Internet Worm Protector has detected and blocked an intrusion attempt.
What are you worried about? You're safe, right?

It looks like the worm is already installed and is sending a loopback request (127.0.0.1), or maybe a connection from the worm to an IRC server or something.

Well, even if it is, it's blocked :) . If it's IRC, well... I personally hate IRC not only of it's BIG security gaps, but also for it's complex interface and command lines.

• 1 month later...

Worms: Worms are destructive viruses that carry out orders and mutlply very fast, they spread out and destroy any dll and exe extensions. They go for the kill as I always say.Trojans: or rats most of the time the trojan has grown populer over the years because the user can control the romoetly accesed computer and can reak havak themselvesViruses:Simileir to the Worm but more precice the virus is usally programed to go and destroy one thing that its programed to do. More or less it's on a mission. Most viruses are created by the user and programed for specif orders.All of these are very bad but the Rat is the funnest if your using it. I used one on my freind and turned his start button to say Happy Birthday!!!!! Lmao he was like turn it back.

A computer virus is not an organism, it is software. What makes it a virus vs a worm or a trojan is how it propagates itself. A virus spreads through an infected file that somehow gets on another system and gets executed, like a boot sector virus. A worm spreads remotely without needing a host file, like an IM worm that spreads through a flaw in IM software or through a flaw in IE. A trojan sits on top of a normal harmless file and gets executed when the host file gets executed, hence the name Trojan Horse.