Flash Game

Revolution

Creating MPORPG's with flash is a bad idea. It's very hard to connect to a server through flash, so it wouldn't be able to save your progress, or interact with other users. I don't know what to suggest, unfortunatley.

I think the regular combination for online RPG games is html, css, javascript, php and mysql. Maybe even a little flash, but only for some graphical effects, banners perhaps.

Guest Athadeus

A friend of mine asked me to help write some javascripts for a flash game we were going to try to make a year or so ago. He wanted to prove that a game could be made entirely in flash, which it might be possible, but it is definitely not a good idea, at least for now. Like Jonas said, there are many elements involved and though I don't know too much about all the services yet, I think the following setup would be appropriate.The interface page would be written in html with css and php.Javascript could be used for some of the I/O functions.I think most of the game engine (graphics/sound) should be written in java.Finally, interface java with mySql to store game data.I have never personally played a multiplayer game in flash that involved more than one computing device. Reading about RuneQuest and how it was developed might be a good idea, as that is a very large and growing MMORPG nowadays.Happy programming!