photoshop cs2

vytas

I have a picture made in adobe photoshop cs2 .And i want to make it my layout.But how do i do that?The img is in the atachments.

Go in imageready and slice it. Then save the images and webpage. Imageready will create an index page with the same layout but with tables. If you don't want tables crop it yourself.

My image does not cover the whole page.How can i solve that?

To cover the whole page you could try something like this - http://www.friendsofed.com/books/1590593812/1590593812.pdf Page 25

My image does not cover the whole page.How can i solve that?
Covering a whole page is very relative. Who says that a user surfing your site has the same resolution as you do?

Covering a whole page is very relative. Who says that a user surfing your site has the same resolution as you do?
I agree with Vchris here, your best bet is to slice up youre photoshop file than transfer to image ready, on which you would be able to create animated .gif, if need any, and than save optimized html, where image ready will create alignment and tables for you. Then goin into an Html editor, if you want just a plain background use:<html><title>your title here</html><head>...</head><body bgcolor="#cccccc"><table name="table01" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="x" align="center">note that every screen has a different resolution, on some screens your image will cover the whole screen on others it wont. the width specified on you table is the width of the table that imageready will create for you.hope this helps!

Sometimes what I do is create a patterned background. A background that can be repeated no matter how wide the users resolution is. In css you would do: background: url('images/bg.jpg') repeat-y; or repeat-x or repeat. You can also go with a solid colour.

Or you can also create a gradient background or something like that and position it. You could have your page content aligned to the left, have a black background color, and have a background gradient tile veritically on the right edge of the screen. That way if their screen is larger then the content, they will see black stretching out to a gradient on the far right.

Il go for the gradient background .From dark at the top to darkgrey at the bottom :)

Just to point out that you would be so much better off in a dozen diffrent ways if you wrote teh HTML and sliced the images yourself. Photoshop produces invalid code that is bloated and takes forever to load...but hey what do you expect for taking the easy way :)

Just to point out that you would be so much better off in a dozen diffrent ways if you wrote teh HTML and sliced the images yourself. Photoshop produces invalid code that is bloated and takes forever to load...but hey what do you expect for taking the easy way :)
I agree!