New Hosting, New Warnings?

MinusMyThoughts

I recently transferred my hosting from one company to GoDaddy's hosting, and upon uploading my files to the server, I started seeing these warnings:

Warning: main(../update/inc/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in {FILE PATH} on line 33Warning: main(): Failed opening '../update/inc/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in {FILEPATH} on line 33

The only thing I changed between one host and the next was my login info for the MySQL DB, and these warnings didn't show up on my other host.Is this something I did wrong, or do I simply need to use error suppression in my include? (i.e. @include '../update/inc/functions.php':)Thanks for your help!-Jason

I recently transferred my hosting from one company to GoDaddy's hosting, and upon uploading my files to the server, I started seeing these warnings:
Warning: main(../update/inc/functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in {FILE PATH} on line 33Warning: main(): Failed opening '../update/inc/functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in {FILEPATH} on line 33

The only thing I changed between one host and the next was my login info for the MySQL DB, and these warnings didn't show up on my other host.Is this something I did wrong, or do I simply need to use error suppression in my include? (i.e. @include '../update/inc/functions.php':)Thanks for your help!-Jason

The warnings may have always been there but on your old host they may have turned them off. If your code works the way you would like it too you should probably use error suppression in your include like you said

If your application requires that file for anything, you will want to solve the error, because the script can't find the file to include it. Make sure the file is in your directory, when you go up one directory level in the path make sure the directory you change to (the update directory) is still in the path where you can include files. Otherwise, the message is indicating that it can't find the file.

Have you chmoded it right? Try...I don't remember the one that gives the owner all rights, and user & group only read, but just try 777 and then someone else can tell you the "real" thing. I don't know if this is problem, but sometimes I get a similiar error too because I haven't chmoded them right.But that error message seems more that it can't find the file itself..hmm

Archived