The New Google

www.mihalism.com

Exactly what changes you refer to? The home page sure isn't changed. Not enough for the makings of such a topic anyway. So what elese?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I read a post about how google with a black background will save energy. I doubt it will though, since most people are moving to plasma screens... Not many people will go to that instead of google though (just my guess). I hope by the year 2010-2015 almost everyone will have plasma screens so that wouldnt be a problem any longer.

How about the new street level view for a couple big cities (vegas, new york...) try it. It's awesome!

dont like it - some of the pictures (hybrid mode) are taken from the satelite from different angels - so some buildings are angled left to right while others are right to left - re sears tower, chicago,ilyuck

Google did update their search recently to include more types of results like videos. The example I saw was if you do a search for Nosferatu, one of the results is a video of the movie from 1922 that you can play directly in the results page.http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&...-8&oe=utf-8

dont like it - some of the pictures (hybrid mode) are taken from the satelite from different angels - so some buildings are angled left to right while others are right to left - re sears tower, chicago,ilyuck
I think you got it wrong. I know in those cities you see kinda like 3d buildings but you can actually walk the streets. Look around 360 degrees, zoom and stuff... They're real pictures.

I'm not sure if it will "own" Google, it's going to take a lot more then real-time search to bring down Google. Real-time search is an interesting idea and if they can pull it off more power to them, but Google's results aren't very old. You can search for news items that happen today and they will show up, Google is indexing all the time. The thing that makes Google stand out is the quality of their results, the results that show up on the first page of Google are the most relevant results for the search terms. Even if someone comes out with real-time searching, if their results don't have the same quality then no one will use them.

Of course it might not be able to beat Google, but when that new search engine is up Google is way out of my life (as fast as My Live Search get some results to show off)

Archived