The Two new moderators

Tata_MosTwaNteD

Well, I wouldn't mind moderator ship, especially on the XML forums, but I'm certainly not "striving" for it. I mean, I wouldn't apply myself. With or without it, I'm here :) .Thanks for voicing your opinion anyway. It's a nice compliment :) .

We don't need new moderators for the time being, but "nomination" noted, thanks. When the time comes for having to add more mods to the team, you'll see eventually. Suffice to say we also notice potential moderator candidates. I'll lock this thread up I think, as it really doesn't have much discussion value.

We don't need new moderators for the time being, but "nomination" noted, thanks. When the time comes for having to add more mods to the team, you'll see eventually. Suffice to say we also notice potential moderator candidates. I'll lock this thread up I think, as it really doesn't have much discussion value.
as an additional note, the job of a moderator is not necessarily to provide help to members with problems they post or to be very visible all the time. Our primary job is to monitor what is happening, look to see if discussions are not getting out of hand and to make sure that conversations are taking place in the right areas. What you describe is what is known as facilitators - of which we have no need for with as active as the forum is. Even if you constantly check the "who is online" page, that and/or a high post count doesn't not necessarily mean a person is very active. Moreover, just because someone makes a lot of posts (regardless of how helpful they might be) it doesn't necessarily mean they would be a good candidate for a moderator role - they may be a very valuable asset to the community, but not necessarily a good moderator. :)

Archived