underline not removing form link

kingb00zer

for some reason I cant seem to remove underlines from my links I have the class like this

<a class="menu" href="yadayada.html"> </a>

and here is how I have my external style sheet set for the <a> tag

a.menu {	letter-spacing: 1.5px; } {	color: black; } {	text-decoration: none; }a:link.menu {	color: black; } {	letter-spacing: 1.5px; } {	text-decoration: none; }a:visted.menu {	color: black; } {	letter-spacing: 1.5px; } {	text-decoration: none; }a:hover.menu {	color: black; } {	letter-spacing: 1.5px; } {	text-decoration: none; }a:active.menu {	color: black; } {	letter-spacing: 1.5px; } {	text-decoration: none; }

what have I done wrong here?

Your CSS is wrong. You only need braces once for each selector.Like this:

a.menu{	letter-spacing: 1.5px;	color: black;	text-decoration: none;}

ahh thats what I thought originaly to I came to a bit of a problem earlier today and decided to add more curly braces kind of like if else with php (which im also pretty unsure with also)Thanks Ill fix it up n see how I go.EDIT: ahh that did the trick, thanks :)

everything!a.menu{ letter-spacing: 1.5px; text-decoration: none;}a.menu:link{ color: black; }a.menu:visted{ color: yellow; }a.menu:hover{ color: blue;}a.menu:active{ color: green; }you got the pseudo class in correct order (:link, :visited, :hover, :active)

Archived