checkbox in a table

niche

I have three records in a MYSQL database. I have successfully echoed these records in a table. Now I'd like to add a checkbox to each row. My script won't work. How do I script a checkbox into a table with PHP?Here's my script:

<?phpinclude_once "connect_to_mysql.php";$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM clioff") or die(mysql_error()); echo "<table border='4' align='right'>";echo "<tr> <th>Company</th> <th>Item</th> <th>Price</th> </tr>";// keeps getting the next row until there are no more to getwhile($row = mysql_fetch_array( $result )) {	// Print out the contents of each row into a tableecho "<tr><td>"; echo "<input type="checkbox" name="abc" />"; 		echo "<tr><td>"; 	echo $row['client'];	echo "</td><td>"; 	echo $row['item'];	echo "</td><td>"; 	echo $row['price'];	echo "</td></tr>"; } echo "</table>";?>

it looks like you have things incorrectly structured. I think you are looking for this kind of output, right?

| checkbox | client | item | price |

Well keep the row starting before the echo of the checkbox, and then don't start a new one before client. Essentially you just need to add an extra set of <td></td>'s for the checkbox. That is unless i have things wrong.

you also require extra <th></th> to allow for this extra cell.

<?phpinclude_once "connect_to_mysql.php";$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM clioff") or die(mysql_error()); echo "<table border='4' align='right'>";echo "<tr><th>whateever title</th><th>Company</th> <th>Item</th> <th>Price</th> </tr>";// keeps getting the next row until there are no more to getwhile($row = mysql_fetch_array( $result )) {	// Print out the contents of each row into a tableecho "<tr><td>"; echo "<input type="checkbox" name="abc" />"; 		echo "</td><td>";	echo $row['client'];	echo "</td><td>"; 	echo $row['item'];	echo "</td><td>"; 	echo $row['price'];	echo "</td></tr>"; } echo "</table>";?>

I reran the script with dsonesuk's changes and got a blank screen.When I commented out:

//echo "<input type="checkbox" name="abc" />"; 

the table appeared, but was incorrect (what I expected).If the HTML is the problem, how should it be scripted (know I'll have a problem using the same name for each row, but that will a later topic)?Thanks

This produces a blank screen:If I comment out the checkbox line it, produces a table, but obviously not the one I want. Therefore, I think its the checkbox line that causing problems. Right?

<?phpinclude_once "connect_to_mysql.php";$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM clioff") or die(mysql_error()); echo "<table border='4' align='right'>";echo "<tr>  <th>Select</th><th>Company</th> <th>Item</th> <th>Price</th> </tr>";// keeps getting the next row until there are no more to getwhile($row = mysql_fetch_array( $result )) {	// Print out the contents of each row into a tableecho "<tr><td>"; echo "<input type="checkbox" name="abc" />"; 		echo "<tr><td>"; 	echo $row['client'];	echo "</td><td>"; 	echo $row['item'];	echo "</td><td>"; 	echo $row['price'];	echo "</td></tr>"; } echo "</table>";?>

Thanks to thescientist and for their help.Niche

Thanks to thescientist and dsonesuk for their help.Niche

Archived