Using a website as a template

Vihart

Im using this website as a template This is the websitethe website is created by iweb (which basically sucks) , i wanted to create a website from scratch and i was wondering can i steal things like the background ? is there some kind of copyright ?edit - the website was created by my wife - so im not stealing from a random website- the website does not work on a search engine and this is the reason im creating a new one from scratch.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------how do i create the A4 style sheet above the background (i like the look of it and makes the website look professional) i even inspected the website code but i couldnt find it.im not even sure if the A4 style sheet thingy is even css :s

1) the texture background is assigned to the body.2) a centred div, which is of fixed width (700px), is assigned the background image of what you call a4 page size, it is whitish -cream in colour, and shadow is added to image to reproduce to a4page sides, and repeated down this centred div(700 x 80px) .3) the top and bottom edges use images (img) tags within multiple position divs, outer div is required position relative, while the other divs with images use position absolute. The top div use multiple images including header images, as well as top edge shadow border, the bottom mainly consists of bottom shadow edge within it own position: absolute; div container, and apple mac logo image which uses position: absolute itself.Edit: it would be better to avoid css positioning as much as possible, and use float, padding and margins instead which will work just as well and give better control, you often end up with odd layout problems depending on browser used with positioned elements.

If it's your wife's website, you should ask for permission for using background images and layout code. The same goes for using any other website's content.Everything on any website is copyrighted unless the website owners explicitly state otherwise.

Archived