Inserting Images

tibi

A relative URL is like this: images/file.jpg An absolute URL is like this: file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\User\images\file.jpgOr like this: http://example.com/images/file.jpg I don't really know why your page isn't working, since I can't look at it for myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys I have tried my best to copy the previous path given by duotone fox in regards to adding an img src from a local computer.I m using windows 7 and i wonder how can i find an appropiate path for a picture, might sound silly but honestly i dont know how to find a path for a pciture on windows 7.Please help me out and ill implement the path u guys have advised in the beginning, so i cud add an image to my html page. your help will greatly appreciated.. cheers

show us your code and the structure/locations of your files relative to each other. as I believe has been mentioned, it's best to keep all your images, html, css, script files in one main folder so all paths are relative to a root.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys I am trying to add an image as a background, but the image gets multiplied across the window,pls check if the code is the fine:- <html><head><style type="text/css">.img{background-image:url("file:///users/deepakshowri/desktop/deepak.png/")} </style></head><body class="img"><p>some text</p></body></html> thnks.

Hi Guys I am trying to add an image as a background, but the image gets multiplied across the window,pls check if the code is the fine:- <html><head><style type="text/css">.img{background-image:url("file:///users/deepakshowri/desktop/deepak.png/")}</style></head><body class="img"><p>some text</p></body></html> thnks.
look into background repeathttp://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp
in realtion tot he above ,can i pls know how i can add an image whihc fits the entire screen.. thnks
that depends, are you trying to tile an image, or use a large image and stretch across the screen fluidly?

• 2 weeks later...

In your code, u are trying to defined the width and height of the

<body>

element to 60*120 and not the background-image. Use the link dsonesuk gave you...There was even an ERROR in your code!

• The apostrophe after the height declearation should never be there:height:120px' ,
  • there was no semi-colon b4 the height declearation...The semi-colom must be present, for you to be able to set width and height of the body tag

Archived