Graphic Tools...

eTianbun

honestly, I would try and evaluate either one and see how you like it and how it integrates into your overall workflow. I've used Photoshop, so that's what I'm comfortable with, but someone who started with Corel instead would probably say otherwise. So really it's all about what you get on best with.

Isn't Corel Draw a vector program? If it is, there's a big difference between it and Photoshop. I think Corel's equivalent to Photshop is Corel Painter. Adobe's vector program is Adobe Illustrator. Anyways, if both programs are the same type, then the only big difference is the interface. It depends on which interface you find more comfortable.

I preferably use Corel Draw whenever. I like the interface more than Adobe's Illustrator. They basically do the same though. Adobe has a program called Fireworks which is specifically designed for making graphics for the web, if that's what you're interested in doing. It's pretty good.

Corel Draw is vector and that's what i use. I ll try photoshop and see what it has!
so if it's vector graphics you're after, then as Ingolme pointed out, you should be looking to try out Illustrator, as that is the more comprable product to Draw.

Raster graphics save data as pixels, while vector data stores lines and shapes. This means that vector images can be enlarged without loss of quality. Of course, the vectors have to be saved in raster format to show it on the internet.

Raster graphics, save data as pixels; while vector data stores lines and shapes...
That is it... Raster graphic (PNG,JPEG,GIF,etc), is just (like) a captured image (e.g: a Scanned image), while vector, is a graphic, stored as lines/shapes, to form an image. The image, can be edited, and the shapes, can be twisted to whatever shape you want.

so if it's vector graphics you're after, then as Ingolme pointed out, you should be looking to try out Illustrator, as that is the more comprable product to Draw.
I am not after vector graphic, cause i am realy good (realy realy good) in corel Draw. I keep hearing photoshop everywhere, so i thought its maybe a vector graphic tool, that was why i was compairing both.

I am not after vector graphic, cause i am realy good (realy realy good) in corel Draw. I keep hearing photoshop everywhere, so i thought its maybe a vector graphic tool, that was why i was compairing both.
Awesome. Which version of CorelDraw do you use/have?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just want to ad Gimp to the list of graphic tools. It's a free ware tool, and, if you have the patience (which I don't) you can use it to get similar editing tools to that of Photoshop. Please know that I don't use Gimp. I bought CS5 and I'll be needing food stamps for a long time to pay it off. -Grahamalluringmedia.net

Archived