HTML 5 audio tag example does not work in IE9

joemoe

Hi There, I don't know if I am in the right topic thread for errors or debugging but suggestions was the closest I could find. I was viewing the HTML 5 audio tag examples in W3Schools and I noticed that the controls are not showing up in IE9. Even though on the audio page it says that it is compatible with IE9. Now when I right click on it I do get the options to play/pause but I don't get sound. I tried on Firefox and it worked fine so it wasn't a sound issue. I have attached a screen shot so you can see both the code on the left and example on the right in IE9.

post-104088-0-54832200-1350928160_thumb.png

Also, before anybody asks, I checked which mode IE was showing in and here is what it was: Browser Mode: IE9Document Mode: IE9 Standards Is this just a problem with IE9? Is it not fully compatible with the audio tag?

Edited by joemoe

Really!!! Maybe theres a setting in IE9 thats preventing it from showing the controls. I don't really know. Even though IE9 has come a long way I still don't think its a competent browser. Do you know of a setting that might be preventing it?

Ok so I have found the fix. I don't know which setting it was exactly but I do know that if you reset IE9 to the default settings this will work. Here is how to do it for anyone else that has this problem.

1. Tools > Internet Options
  2. Select the Advanced Tab in the Internet Options Window
  3. Click on the Reset button

IE will now reset all options to the default settings. I did this tested it again and I was able to see the controls. This is why I hate IE lol.