a question about css/php...

rootKID

hello, a quick question that might be obvoisly to me, but still needed to be answered due to my stupidness X)... is it possible to write php INTO a css file?.. like if/else statements with user sessions?.. coz i was thinking, im about to create a shoutbox for my panel, and was thinking if i somehow could get in the user table a row called like shout_background_color or something like that, with INT, then they would be able to choose like colors, background color, and so on by making if/else statements in there.. never tried it, but would like to ask here first if possible, and will it ruin the XHTML valid?... and yes, a rookie question, but even a rookie question can be wise.. lol, you get my point i suppose :P...

or use a .htaccess to parse .css files with the php engine
OR just do what foxy said... give the css the php ending and give it a header that says it is css.

sorry for late reply, as usual... but a header?, what?, you mean like a normal html document basicly where css goes into header?, i dont really follow that part hehe, but nice idea anyways! :)... just that i was thinking to (try) and develop some sort of self-designing tool to my website.. if possible, so inside the css, it will get some sort of id from the database, where (example) the shoutbox_id has an extra row called shoutbox_css_bg_color or so, and then it will be int as always, and chose the css... just a long shot, but from what i hear you are saying, then it is possible, cool! x)...