a:active link doesn't work Please help

y0tis

I'm having a problem with active links, I just can't seem to get it too work. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? #nav {background-color: #336;height: 200px;width: 600px;margin-top: 30px;margin-right: auto;margin-bottom: 0px;margin-left: auto;padding-top: 30px;padding-right: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;padding-left: 20px;}#nav ul {margin: 0px;padding: 0px;}#nav ul li {display: inline;margin: 10px;background-color: #5252A3;padding-top: 5px;padding-right: 20px;padding-bottom: 5px;padding-left: 20px;} #nav a:link {color: #CCC;text-decoration: none;font-family: Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size: 24px;} #nav a:visited {font-family: Tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size: 24px;color: #CCC;}#nav a:hover, a:focus {color: #C03;}#nav a:active {color: #0FF;} <div id="nav"><h1>Page 1</h1><ul> <li><a href="page1.html">page 1</a></li> <li><a href="#">page 2</a></li> <li><a href="#">page 3</a></li></ul></div> Thanks in advance for your help! L.

Depends on what you expect :active to do, its not for highlighting a link for the current page it refers to, its for highlighting the link as you press down with the cursor, and only lasts as long as you press down on the link before moving to the page you selected, although if you press down to select and keep the button pressed down and move away from link it does remain the :active state until it loses focus.