scroll bar

SFB

sure you can!

<html><head><title>somthing or other</title><style type="text/css">.scrolldiv{overflow:scroll;}</style></head><body><div class="scrolldiv">this div scrolls.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Thank you for scrolling so far!</body></html>

there are easier ways lol.. heres what I did for mine:

width: 500px; height: 200px; overflow: auto; overflow: auto;

mine never has a bottom scroll bar, but you have to set the width and height

I do beleive that when you put overflow-x: hidden; that you wont be able to see the content that is past the side, like the part that used the scroll bar..

overflow: auto;really is the best way, as it gives you a vertical scrollbar if you need it and a horizontal one if you need that. overflow-x: hidden; is not a bad idea of course, if you always remember to manually wrap the text, but why bother?

the horizontal scroll bar clutters my site so it really isnt that bad of idea to make sure it doesnt appear. I always manually wrap my text. I try to make my site look the same on all browsers. this topic should be closed. I will do things my way.