grandchild left: 0 relative to parent

asylum

Is there a way to do this? If so I would really like to know how. It seems like some trick of position: relative; and position: absolute; might work when combined in some crazy way that I've yet to think of. So far all my attempts have been futile.If it helps at all, I'm trying to make a menu that is composed of horizontal bars with links across them and only the right-most link shows until you hover over it then I'll have a js function that slides the bar out.Example:

+------------------------------------------------+| link1 link 2 link3...etc.......link that shows |+------------------------------------------------+

that's basically what I mean except in that example they use left: -135px which is a hard-coded value and I want to know if there's a way to calculate it using positioning and float values to get the same result.I hope that makes sense o_O

Unfortunately no, but I think I'll figure something out.My greater problem at the moment is my test.html. The background image that I am telling it to include isn't being included. I would appreciate it if someone could take a look at it...it's in the directory that I gave a link to earlier.

What is it your trying to do with the menu thing, i didn't quite understand that either...

Haha, I was thinking of another thread. But yeah, I know how to work CSS, I was just having a caching problem so when I refreshed it didn't always refresh the page so I thought things weren't behaving correctly. Everything works now.As far as my menu idea, I don't know how else to say it, it's kinda weird but if I could code it then it would be easy...and I dare say, fun....to traverse/navigate.In the next couple of days look at this site to see if my menu has made progress. I had a half-working version earlier (but I broke it so I'll have to work on fixing it) and now I have the other half working so I just need to combine the two :).