Show off your graphics thread

snowboard01

Note: This is the not yet officail show off your graphics thread. If a moderater would like to pin it and and change the name to officail show off your graphics I would be grateful.Rules

• No insults or personal attacks all critisism must be constructive.
  • You be the judge. Consider how long your image will take to load on different internet connections. No huge images. If your image is large in size or in file size you may provide a link so users may optionally view it.
  • No advertising

TEMPLATE:

[img=URL of image][b]Reason for making:[/b](optional)[b]Things about this image I might change:[/b][b]Comments on Other images:[/b][b]Other Comments:[/b]

If you would like to leave a comment but not an image:

[B]Comment on "USER":[/B]

EXAMPLEforumimage.gifReasons for making:To learn the GIMP ProgramThings about the image I might change: It's not huge but it is kinda big I think I might shrink it.Comments on other imagesThis is kind of non appicable here but I hope other people will fill in the feild. Please try to keep the critisisem comtructive.Other comments: This is one of my first images please don't insult it!Note: Well I used an animated images all kinds are welcome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/Dan...StarsFiveC2.jpgOneStarFive.jpgReason for making: Testing for making a banner for the Prof-CommunityThings about this image I might change: Instead of using Paint, to use CorelDraw, and trying to make the points part of a perfect pentogram (now they aren't)Comments on Other images: there are none yet :)Other Comments: The image is the colored motive of the url image, which is a bigger one containing more of these stars. Both made by me, using Paint.

Side note that acts as counter comment: Thank you for the compliment :) I did make it only usiing paint, but then again I have experience in using it for double the time I do internet programming, thus for 8 years :) There is no final copy, I don't think I will ever be able to draw the perfect pentogram, while I would have to use grades to calculate the angles, and Paint cannot do that in any way. So this is final, thinking of the bigger one that hase a nice composition of those stars :)

msn.jpgReason for making: Was asked in school to design an image which summed up your day!Things about this image I might change: Im not sure. I dont even like it enough to want to do anything to it :)Comments on Other images: Dan's Image is very nice. Shaded to perfection!Other Comments:Msn was my life back then...Now its Flash and Pulse-Games

http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk/SillusionsLogo.jpgReason for making: Its my main logo on my website (see siggie)Things about this image I might change: None YetComments on Other images: impresed by Dan's work in paint.Other Comments: uhh...no..i think..not yet anyway.:)edit - need to copy/paste link or it wont work, i've prevented hotlinking on my site :) Edited by real_illusions

Short description: I've also made a serie of Paint perspective drawings, see these, named "Gear"Main gear motivegear mod Discogear mod Garagegear mod Glassboxgear mod Airplainhangargear mod Loungegear mod TheSims homegear mod Hospitalgear mod Swimming poolReason for making: for fun, trying to make perspective drawings, of a motive and modding it to different versions.Things about this image I might change: nothing, final stateComments on Other images: dizling image of funkyjunky lol :)Other Comments: my host doesn't allow hotlinking, so copy and paste the links to the addressbar to be able to see them

Edited by Dan The Prof

Comment on surreal ilusions: Very nice image!!!!! Extremly nice. I think you should add the comment that you have to drag and drop or copy link location to see it.

thx :)so you do..i have prevented hotlinking on my site..so..yeah..you need to copy/paste the link :)

They are okay.. for beginners. pretty horrible if you have actually seen the crazy stuff people can do with ms paint. Like, on a forum for runescape they have tons of people who just use ms paint for what they call "pixels" which is pixel by pixel art... and are just amazing at it. My favorite "artist" on there has to be Misterxman, heres my fav piece of work by him(BTW, sorry if it makes you look bad :) ):misterxmansigomegafinal048bq.pngamazing.. but overall you guys are good for a start.

That is totally another way of using paint, it is an incredible image, but it does not say we are starters with paint does it? :) I use paint completely different, and my style is different too. I love that image though :)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/Dan...onaKitchen2.jpgReason for making: to promote these kitchen applications for TheSimsThings about this image I might change: nothingOther Comments: I not completely made this image by paint, it is the objects for the game I made myself. Or atleast, I colorised them :) See the sink units with sink and with toaster for original "Barcelona" design. From those two I made this kitchen look like the theme.

Offtopic://Is it really necessary that you use this "Comment on [username]:" template? I like it when templates are used for presentational purposes, but for a comment it's really useless.@reportingsjr I can't believe that's paint only. Not to mention that there isn't any way to proove it. Unlike 3D models for example, multimedia such as raster graphics, markup languages, etc. can't be prooven to be created with a certain editor. I can write my HTML pages in Dreamwaver. What's stopping me from telling you I've used Notepad, excluding my concience?Besides, the robe of the monk (or whatever this guy with grey robe is) is semi transparent and that transparency is "centralized". You can't achieve that in paint alone. At least, not with the ease of more specialized programs. Other effect used are also suspicios, but not as that one.

Besides, the robe of the monk (or whatever this guy with grey robe is) is semi transparent and that transparency is "centralized". You can't achieve that in paint alone. At least, not with the ease of more specialized programs. Other effect used are also suspicios, but not as that one.

Of course you can achieve centralized transparency in paint, if it is pixelwork. Coloring a pixel at a time would involve choosing a color for each pixel, and then you could in theory "make" transparency, using colors that get closer and closer to each other for the robe and the wall in the background. Look at the picture in IE. It's a PNG picture. Does IE support alpha transparency in PNG's?Try opening the picture in paint, and zoom max. It could have been made in paint.

Of course you can achieve centralized transparency in paint, if it is pixelwork. Coloring a pixel at a time would involve choosing a color for each pixel, and then you could in theory "make" transparency, using colors that get closer and closer to each other for the robe and the wall in the background. Look at the picture in IE. It's a PNG picture. Does IE support alpha transparency in PNG's?Try opening the picture in paint, and zoom max. It could have been made in paint.

Yes. I see it transparent in IE6 too (should I actually? Remember I've got that weird setup of IE6 and IE7). Something being transparent doesn't necessary mean alpha transparency. Most editors "flatten" images. That is, represent it as one layer, instead of few ones (the upper one with alpha transparency in such case).Speaking of such layers, the only thing I can say for certain is that whatever editor, it's wasn't Macromedia Fireworks. Fireworks has the ability to save PNGs with their layers and later on manipulate them. Other editors supporting PNG flatten their images to one layer and only keep the whole image's alpha transparency (the one we can "observe" in browsers supporting alpha transparent PNGs) and lose the ability to alter those layers in the process. I've heard that even the all famous Photoshop does flattening instead of saving the layers. And this image doesn't have layers when I open it with Fireworks.[edit] Sorry. Just wanted to clear my point. [/edit] Edited by boen_robot

Structurev2.jpgReason for making: Wanted to make a presentation of the plan I made for my siteThings about this image I might change: nothing, finalOther Comments: This is a not a realistic, but imaginary something. It is in perspective, for clearity. It represents my big (still in construction) site called Prof-Community. The gray part is the structure of the site, the baskets at the bottom mean that it will be buildt in five parts, and one for every profmember (to keep in mind there is place for more members). The coloured balls in the baskets should give the idea that every part is different in theme, but part of something bigger, and similar to eachother. I hope you'll understand all this :) So this image is made by Paint, and with a certain meaning I just explained. :)Comments on Other images: There have been too many already :) Edited by Dan The Prof