why color surely colour?

notclive

why is color always spelt wrong!

Thats American english for ya. I don't like the word "colour" either, it just looks all wrong... but I'm not here to judge.

Hey I am Canadian and I hate our spelling too. I always use hte American spelling.

First time I heard a candian say that. :) usually there backing there spelling, well at least the canadians I know. :)

Wow, I didn't know 'aluminium' was the international standard, I always thought it was aluminum and the British were just being silly.

No, no, you've got it all wrong. It's the Americans that are being silly. Lets not forget who developed the English language. Go figure, it was the English (British). :)For some reason (probably from too much CSS), I usually write color, not colour. On the other hand, I write honour and flavour, so "color" is definetely an exception for me.

First time I heard a candian say that. :) usually there backing there spelling, well at least the canadians I know. :)

Like Jonas said it is probably becuase I do a lot of programming and most documentation, example code, etc uses American English...it has just become a habit.