selecting multiple values in ddl,

Splurd

<form action="display.asp" method="post">Select what you want<select name="fields" multiple="true">	<option value="dog">dog</option>	<option value="cat">cat</option>	<option value="bird">bird</option>	<option value="wale">wale</option>	<option value="fish">fish</option>	<option value="Godzilla">Godzilla</option>	<option value="ET">ET</option>	<option value="pedobear">pedobear</option></select><input type="submit" value="hit buttan"></form>

this is some basic html code, and the user can select more then one value, but the problem is, they would have to press ctrl + click if they want to select more then one, (or drag, but then you get the problem of chosing dog, and bird, but not cat)And most users are dumb so they dont know to push ctrl...So is there a away to get such a list, where the user just clicks on it to select them and click again to de select them? Also, in IE it displays with a scrollbar, but in firefox, it displays as one long list. Is there a way to put a scrollbar in firefox?

A lot of public sites that I visit that use multi ddl usually have a little note underneath that tells the user how to select multiple options.Anyone who knows anything about windows would know how. But Checkboxes would be idiot-proof! :)

Anyone who knows anything about windows would know how.
You would think so but i never knew this until recently, a guy in my class showed me and i was like "wow, never knew that" even though i knew windows does this i'd never imagined it with the <select> :) That's why i just use checkboxes because there is no confusion, only drawback is if the list is quite long then you have many of them and a ddl looks neater.