css fixcenter in FF and IE

virtualadz

many people here pointed that my site's fixcenter was not working properly in FF, although it shows correctly in IE. in FF the header and footer were coming out a little bit.this is all that makes the site centered

BODY {  text-align: center;  background: #eeeeee;  color: #000000;  margin: 0px;}.fixcenter {  width: 820px;  border: solid; border-width: 1px; border-color: #bbbbbb;  background: #ffffff;  color: #000000;  margin: auto;  margin-top: 0px;  text-align: left;}

and in the html page

<div class="fixcenter">     .................</div>  

what could be the cause , that it shows perfectly in IE, Safari etc. and not FF. what are the reqd. changes in the code?

many people here pointed that my site's fixcenter was not working properly in FF, although it shows correctly in IE. in FF the header and footer were coming out a little bit.what could be the cause , that it shows perfectly in IE, Safari etc. and not FF. what are the reqd. changes in the code?

That's right, in opera and firefox your header/footer stick out a little over the border. Try decreasing the width or something :) You should at least have these 3 browsers on you machine to test your site and make alterations. :)

You should at least have these 3 browsers on you machine to test your site and make alterations.

i do have IE and FF

That's right, in opera and firefox your header/footer stick out a little over the border. Try decreasing the width or something

i tried decreasing the width from 820 to 790, but nothing seemed to change. where should i go about editing. thanks for any help

hi, scott do you know of any way to correct that , i need to make my site live today morning anyhow. thanks for any help in advance

In your stylesheet you will find this line, it's the one causing the problem, change the 8 to a 0 and that will bring everything back into line.space { MARGIN: 0px 8px}

many thanks, finally i am going to make my site live after adding all products. wihtout this forum it wouldn't have been possible. CHEERS to everyone.

What the heck does that say? :) Use a font we can read man :) (ok so i managed to read it when replying to this, your welcome :) we know who to contact when we run out of tea hope that means we get a discount lol)

many thanks, finally i am going to make my site live after adding all products. wihtout this forum it wouldn't have been possible. CHEERS to everyone.

Yeah, we rule. *applauds everyone*:)