Fascist Advertisements

ConcernedAntifascist

After using W3Schools for years, I will now be boycotting your website due to "fake news" advertisements your website is carrying that promote fascism.

I am the director of technology at my company and I will be switching any online training for my subordinates to Code Academy, and any lookups for HTML, CSS, or JS standards to Stack Overflow. Your website will be blacklisted at the network level at my company.

In addition, I will be pointing out how you are running ads promoting Trump's fascism (with false propaganda lies I might add) to my 600 thousand Twitter followers and the thousands of Reddit users I interact with daily.

I don't much care about World Wide Web Standards if I have to program the web under a falsely installed fascist regime YOU helped promote.

Nothing W3Schools could do at this point will change the above outcomes... but maybe you can start better filtering your ads, or even better start rejecting ads from fascist dictators for you future users.

Thank you for your time and consideration, and have a nice day.

Well that's remarkably light on details, although it's probably worth pointing out that the president of the US is not a dictator.  It would also be pretty surprising if any world government decided to take out ad space on a programming website.

And all of the w3schools ad space is google powered, which only shows you what you've been looking at before that.

If you do not like an ad, you can always report it in the corner of said ad if it says "powered by Google"

• Haha 1

If you truly have that many followers on those websites and are the director of technology at your company, you should take caution before taking such rash actions because your reputation is on the line. A majority of the people are going to look at what you're saying and conclude that you are an unreasonable person as you're complaining about something that is completely outside of the control of W3Schools.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 8/22/2019 at 3:29 PM, ConcernedAntifascist said:

After using W3Schools for years, I will now be boycotting your website due to "fake news" advertisements your website is carrying that promote fascism.

I am the director of technology at my company and I will be switching any online training for my subordinates to Code Academy, and any lookups for HTML, CSS, or JS standards to Stack Overflow. Your website will be blacklisted at the network level at my company.

In addition, I will be pointing out how you are running ads promoting Trump's fascism (with false propaganda lies I might add) to my 600 thousand Twitter followers and the thousands of Reddit users I interact with daily.

I don't much care about World Wide Web Standards if I have to program the web under a falsely installed fascist regime YOU helped promote.

Nothing W3Schools could do at this point will change the above outcomes... but maybe you can start better filtering your ads, or even better start rejecting ads from fascist dictators for you future users.

Thank you for your time and consideration, and have a nice day.

Whether I agree with you or not, this isn't a place for politics, it's a place of learning and you should feel privileged that you are able to join a place such as this which offers FREE advice! I suspect your "blacklisting" of this redound website will have zero effect on its future.

Goodbye!

Edited by Steven1
  • Like 1