can you see this?

aspnetguy

I don't see anything othe then "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" (not a 404)... have you turned off your computer again?

nope. A few days ago my web server became unreachable (nothing changed). I thought my ISP had blocked port 80 but I guess not.Well I am not sure what to do now.I've checked my router and DNS settings everything is the same as before, my IP didn't change either. I am not sure what is goign on.Everything still works normally internally.I did have to unplug my router to move it, it was only unplugged for a couople minutes. Would that reset some settings or (even though they look the same) cause them to stop working?

I'm no expert with hard ware but this sounds like something that happened at my moms place recently when she moved.Af ter unplugging the computers they had trrouble getting the router to work again after they moved. SO I guess there is a chance indeed there is something wrong with the router.Did you try to set it up again?Ruud Hermans

I'm no expert with hard ware but this sounds like something that happened at my moms place recently when she moved.Af ter unplugging the computers they had trrouble getting the router to work again after they moved. SO I guess there is a chance indeed there is something wrong with the router.Did you try to set it up again?Ruud Hermans
No, I went in and checked allt he settings tho and it looks to be in order but I will have to reset it and re-configure.The strangest thing is that I can ping my IP address and all my domain names and get a response back but it just won't got hrough the ports. I tried port 80 and 81. I'll reconfigure muy router tonight and see if that works.
Time to switch to linux
Believe me I have been strongly considering it, although this problem appears to not be related to the OS. I am just reluctant to give up ASP.Net support (I know MONO is an option tho).I have also been considering turning my server strictly into a database server (SQL Server and MySql) and buying some hosting space. The packages I have looked at are extremely well priced and provide tonnes of storage and transfer as well as ASP.Net and PHP but the database end is lacking (1 100Mb MySql DB) and can get costly to get more. I like to seperate projects and clients into their own db so that could cost alot.

It's because of cases like this I (and my father on that matter) like to reccomend MicroTik's RouterOS. It can turn ANY computer into a dedicated router and with the WinBox utility you can control the router remotely and with a nice and pleasent GUI, instead of an ugly command line based control. Such a GUI definetly speeds up configuration and troubleshooting.True, only the payed versions are good, but every cent is worth it.

Uuhhhhh... still that ugly mesage that says: "The connection has timed out. The server at ww2.aspnetguy.com is taking too long to respond". (Firefox).You have set up your own hosting huh? Respect to you man. lol.Well- it might be crazy- but start all over from scratch and save yourself the headache and precious time of trying to figure out what you may never figure out.NB: I really hope by now that you have made some headway tho.

Ok everything seems to be working again (www.aspnetguy.com)port 80 was not blocked.I reset my router and reconfigured and everything is now fine. What I did notice is as soon as the router reset it picked up a different ip from my ISP. The ISP must have changed my IP but for some reason the router didn't pick up on that. Once the router picked that up my dns client updated my domains witht eh correct ip and things are back in business.Thanks for all your help guys.