Which Interface is Better?

LifeInBinary

Hey guys,I've been up late making an interface. Looks like the best one I've made so far. I was just wondering: does it look better with the green rollover or the white?Here is the URL for the green one:http://www.iribbit.net/i/lifeisbinary/interface_links-green/Here is the URL for the white one:http://www.iribbit.net/i/lifeisbinary/interface_links-white/It's all original work by the way.Really any suggestions or criticism would be fine. I'm okay with graphics, I just have a hard time figuring out what to create.(oh yeah, I have it with other colored links as well. I have red, black, orange, blue, and lcd-colored - didn't feel like hosting all those, I think I got it narrowed down to these two.)Thanks,LifeInBinary.P.S. - I know it's slower than grandma without her walker, but I sliced it up with over 500 images for a little security - it wouldn't be like that if I wasn't posting links to a bare template :)

I prefer the green looks very good, orange would probably work well also.
Thanks for that input roondog. I was leaning towards the green myself. The orange is the first thing I created for it though - then I had the idea to make other colors to compare. If you or anyone else would like to see the orange one just let me know and I'll post it.Thanks,LifeInBinary.

I dont see anything happening on mouseover, i only see (X) errors on my Firebug

i prefer the white...also on firefox i get this piece of lovely code

0&&parent.frames.length) { d=parent.frames[n.substring(p+1)].document; n=n.substring(0,p);} if(!(x=d[n])&&d.all) x=d.all[n]; for (i=0;!x&&i

Sorry guys, I didn't test it on FireFox yet...Thanks for the input though.I'm about to post it with blue mouseover and some content and see what you think of that, so stay tuned...Thanks guys,LifeInBinary.

also on firefox i get this piece of lovely code
Is that bad? I haven't sliced the images and coded this in yet, so it's just using the default code from Macromedia Fireworks and Dreamweaver...LifeInBinary.

The white is much better. The layout took about a minute to load all of the images. You may want to try and improve it there, I'm using DSL and it took that long, imagine dial-up.

This is a good "proof-of-concept", but you definately do not want Fireworks to do the exporting for you when you're done. You'll want to slice up all of the images yourself and write the HTML yourself to get it optimized. According to Opera, that page contains 281 inline elements and is around 250kb. You can get that page down to about 40kb if you do it yourself, and use maybe 20 images instead of 280.

This is a good "proof-of-concept", but you definately do not want Fireworks to do the exporting for you when you're done. You'll want to slice up all of the images yourself and write the HTML yourself to get it optimized. According to Opera, that page contains 281 inline elements and is around 250kb. You can get that page down to about 40kb if you do it yourself, and use maybe 20 images instead of 280.
Yeah, that's what I normally do - it's how I code all my other stuff. I use graphics for the images, then notepad for real HTML :)I was just wondering if it looked good.Thanks though,LifeInBinary.