SEO section

newceylon

w3schools is about teaching you how to code your website. If you use the tags for what they were intended your code will be pretty good for SEO. Beyond that it is about building links. w3schools isn't hear to teach you link building there are lots of places for that.

Personally, I hate SEO. I hate everything about it. I hate that people try to use tricks to get their pages ranked higher, that's not the way it should be. Let the search engines do their jobs and just make a good site, put your keywords in your content. As you get more popular other people will start linking to you and your ranking will go up, that's about all you need to do.

Guest ms.donut

Good day to everyone.ms.donut here.Just registered a week ago... I'm expecting bunch of help from w3schoolsand meeting new friends, too.Our class is currently on HTML basics + CSS + JavaScript +... spices from FoxPro2.6? :)+I find justsomeguy's statement dropped with sense...Anyway, Welcome to me. ha-ha :)

I think SEO is not a bad thing.As web designers we must know something about SEO.If not what's the mean of setup a web site.We must show our works to the world
Yes you need to understand SEO but W3S is for learning web languages. SEO changes all the time because search engines are always tweaking their algos. Any SEO tutorials would quickly become outdated and useless. You should follow some SEO blogs if you are interested in learning about it.

• 1 month later...

I work in an SEO capacity and provide it as an add-on service to my clients. Let me explain further. SEO concepts are both on and off the page of your Website. In monetizing a site among billions of websites how will you be found.SEO as a service is necessary as their are a lot of websites out their, as I have clients who have come to me for this purpose, that have no META DATA, and that is just the start. You also have to consider navigation, can a SE read all those links? Flash? JavaScript? Other? If the SE cannot navigate your site cannot be indexed.Others posts are also correct. SEO should be natural if you code correctly and provide compelling content. Again I agree with others that many SEO firms are misleading. Be honest about what you can do.Off the page SEO is another story, their is a lot involved here. Off the page SEO is employed by companies from the Fortune 500 all the way to your corner store.Again, my two cents.I hope this was helpful.

IMHO, SEO it's necessary just as "cylants" said. This link could help more than one I'm sure:http://www.webdesignerwall.com/general/seo...-for-designers/That BTW some developers use Splash Page on their website. You could find interesting that it's a mistake.Anyway, "aspnetguy" is right, this forum it's not the best place to discuss about SEO but to learn how to code that in some regards take some of the aspects of SEO in an implicit way.

SEO = good/valid code and good/valid content - nothing more, nothing less.We will help you build good/valid code - its up to you to find the good/valid content to make folks want to visit.Regardless, there are tons of specialized SEO resources out there, we'd barely make up two tears in a bucket - its not a big enough part of our niche.

Archived