Boycott Ie6 Campaign...

Jonas

I'm a little surprised it's as hard as it is to find the code for that (shouldn't that be on the wiki?), but here's the English version:

<!--[ if lte IE 6]><style type="text/css"> # ie6msg (border: 3px solid # 090; margin: 8px 0; background: # CFC; color: # 000;) # ie6msg h4 (margin: 8px; padding: 0;) # ie6msg p (margin: 8px; padding: 0;) # ie6msg p a.getie7 (font-weight: bold; color: # 006;) # ie6msg p (font a.ie6expl -weight: normal; color: # 006;) </ style><div id="ie6msg"><h4> Tips from us: You have an older version of Internet Explorer browser. </ h4><p> order to have the best possible experience of using our website, please free <a class = "getie7" href = "http://www.microsoft.com/norge/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx" target = "_blank" > get a newer version of Internet Explorer </ a>. Are you using a work computer, you should contact your IT administrator. </ p> <p> <a class = "ie6expl" href = "http://labs.finn .no/blog/finn-anbefaler-ie6-brukere-a-oppgradere-sin-nettleser "target =" _blank "> Find labs can read more about why we recommend this upgrade. </ a> </ p>< / div><! [endif] ->

It sure would be nice to get people to stop using Internet Explorer 6. I do what I can to make sites compatible with Internet Explorer 6, but I don't have anywhere to test it. I'd just rather tell users to upgrade to Internet Explorer 7.It's a big complication to find a way to install Internet Explorer 6 on my laptop.

I'm a little surprised it's as hard as it is to find the code for that (shouldn't that be on the wiki?), but here's the English version:<snip>
Yeah, I noticed that too. First you had to look under tools, then open a site, then click a link for a txt document. That's too many clicks. I suppose it's possible to register on the wiki and maybe change it...

Just because people use IE6 doesn't mean that you should spend hours of your time making it so they have the same browsing experience. Who cares if stuff is a little out of place by a few pixels yada yada yada. Chances are they won't notice because if they actually coded at all then they would know not to use IE at all and an average user wouldn't even notice the subtle errors.

The average user doesn't know anything about browsers if they even know what a browser is. Most users think the blue e on their desktop is the Internet.If you don't code to fix the problems in IE6 their can be big differences. Entire blocks of the site can be way off, javascript functions could be buggy or not work at all.IE6 still accounts for 30+%, you can't just ignore that.

IE6 still accounts for 30+%, you can't just ignore that.
I can try...IE6 really needs to go though. So does IE7 for that matter. Here's hoping that MS has success pushing IE8 out to people who don't know any better. I actually don't test on IE6 anymore, for several reasons.

If microsoft didn't make it so damn hard to get more then 1 version of a IE on their system then I would at least look at how it looks but its not like an average user looks at the same site in different browser and goes, "hey, theres a double float margin bug right there, someone should fix that!!!"..

Yes, I know. But I think we should use Fecebook as a method to give this campaign more visibility all around the web. And Facebook does this work well, in my opinion.

Archived