silent_sufferer

Hi people im new here and would like to get some help with html. I have created 4 pages using html and one of them is the home page with a link to the othe 3. The problem is when i use the href tag that i used for the page links for my main page on my 3 linked pages i cant seam to get it to go back to the main page. It gives me a error on my browser telling me that there is a diagnostic problem. Please can somebody help me. Thanx

can you show us your code? Can't you just do the same thing when linking back?Home Page<a href="somepage.html">Click</a>SomePage<a href="home.html">Home</a>

<html><body><body background="untitled.jpg"><p><a href="Age of Wars.html"><h1><p style="font-size:50px">Age of Wars</p></h1></a></p><p><a href="Phage wars.html"><h1><p style="font-size:50px">Phage wars</p></h1></a></p><p><a href="Rune Scape.html"><h1><p style="font-size:50px">Rune Scape</p></h1></a> </p><body></html>that is the code of my home page<html><body><body background="untitled.jpg"><a href="Home page.html"><h1><p style="font-size:50px">Home</p></h1></a><iframe src="http://armorgames.com/play/616/age-of-war" width="700" height="500" align="center"></iframe></body></html>and that is the code of my linked page which i want to use to go back to the first. looks like my problem lies with the first page. if i remove the <h1. part it eworks up to two links then after that it doesn't workInternet Explorer cannot display the webpage What you can try: •It appears you are connected to the Internet, but you might want to try to reconnect to the Internet. •Retype the address. •Go back to the previous page. Most likely causes:•You are not connected to the Internet.•The website is encountering problems.•There might be a typing error in the address.

you have to many <body> tags, and no closing body tags, you are not supposed to use <h1>-<h6>, or <p> within <a> link tag. You also should not using spaces in pages, but! instead use hyphens, also it would be better to have the names all in lowercase.you should end up with something similar to this

<html><body style="background:url(untitled.jpg);"><p><a href="age-of-wars.html" style="font-size:50px">Age of Wars</a></p><p><a href="phage-wars.html" style="font-size:50px">Phage wars</a></p><p><a href="rune-scape.html" style="font-size:50px">Rune Scape</a> </p></body></html>

if you require links to be bold, as the <h1></h1> tag would have provided, add font-weight:bold; as in style="font-size:50px; font-weight:bold;"

thanx but i have fixed the problem. I now just would like to know if it is possible to have two lings on the same line. One left aligined nd the other right aligned? And if so what should i use to get it to do so using the links i have above( you may edit them. I want to get it working right) thanx

thanx but i have fixed the problem. I now just would like to know if it is possible to have two lings on the same line. One left aligined nd the other right aligned? And if so what should i use to get it to do so using the links i have above( you may edit them. I want to get it working right) thanx
there are many ways to get several links on one line. You are limited only by your imagination
<p>you can link to <a href="one.html">page one</a> and then link to <a href="two.html">page two</a>.  </p>

If you are looking for something a bit fancier, say like a menu tab, you can do something like

<span class="button"><a href="one.html">page one</a></span><span class="button"><a href="two.html">page two</a></span><span class="button"><a href="three.html">page three</a></span>

and then in your style sheet

.button	{	font-family:	fancy;	color:		#030;	font-size:		14px;	background:	#d8d8af url('graphic.gif') top left no-repeat; 	text-decoration:	none; 	line-height:	27px;	}

or you can wrap the entire set of links in a container like this

<div class="menu"><a href="one.html">page one</a> <a href="two.html">page two</a> <a href="three.html">page three</a></div>

then you can specify some general styles for the div and for the links:

.menu  {some styles}.menu a  {some styles that apply to any "anchor" found inside the class of MENU}

.Guy

A lot of people here have already helped you.Just wanna add my 2 cents :)Unless my idea totally messes up your idea, or someone disapproves.When you make a layout of your pages start with your index page and just worry about the navigation settings ONLY.This means get your nav bar done with links to the other pages and save. Do not add anything else yet.Then just create all the other pages you need and paste the code from the home page. Test the buttons to make sure they take you to the correct .htmlThen there you are. You have a successful way to navigate to any page from any page.Hopefully that made sense!Good Luck~krewe

Archived