help: insert data from a table

funbinod

please help me inserting data to mysql database table from a html table.

<table> <tr>  <td>name</td>  <td>Gender</td>  <td>age</td>  <td>school</td> </tr> <tr>  <td>John</td>  <td>Male</td>  <td>21</td>  <td>Oxford</td> </tr> <tr>  <td>Juliya</td>  <td>Female</td>  <td>25</td>  <td>Oxford</td> </tr><!- bla! bla! bla! --></table>SUBMIT

I want to send all the rows' data at once to a table.

Please guide how could it be done!

You can't! the data must be entered by form inputs, when the form is submitted it will in most cases go to a page, that connects to a database through validation of host, username, password to insert the imputed details to specific table and column names.

You can't! the data must be entered by form inputs, when the form is submitted it will in most cases go to a page, that connects to a database through validation of host, username, password to insert the imputed details to specific table and column names.

thank u.

can't the table be treated as form!? i mean all are coded in FORM but displayed as TABLE!

if not could we MOVE all data from a database table to another and delete it with a single SUBMIT!?

Edited by funbinod

You can format the form so it looks like table. you can use 'box modeling' in css to achieve it. Google box modeling for more information.

You can format the form so it looks like table. you can use 'box modeling' in css to achieve it. Google box modeling for more information.

sorry sorry! i think i wrote wrong.

i wish a TABLE be treated as FORM, not FORM as TABLE.

and more important is "MOVE EVERY DATA FROM A DATABASE TABLE TO ANOTHER AND DELETE IT WITH A SINGLE SUBMIT". can u please help me with this...???

I am not sure but probably it will have validation error if you put table tag inside form tag. The second option will be better.

and more important is "MOVE EVERY DATA FROM A DATABASE TABLE TO ANOTHER AND DELETE IT WITH A SINGLE SUBMIT". can u please help me with this...???

You can use INSERT INTO tablename SELECT * FROM tabletwo (check the manual of mysql) variation to select all column from table and insert it into another. and then use DELETE query to delete it from the first table. you can also use transaction to make it synced.

Edited by birbal

Forms are how you get data from a browser to a server. You can write some Javascript code to convert an entire table to a form structure if you really want to do that, but at the end of the day you're going to be submitting a form. The browser doesn't have any behavior to "submit" a table, that's not how tables are defined in HTML.